Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
This has been bugging me recently

Seems my Coolsat 5000 keeps forgetting the motor memory settings with my SG2100. When I go to a satellite, it seems to stop early, so I have to nudge it one to the west. This gets frustrating as I usually set it to blind scan 74, 79, 85 (I add 77 & 83 in there too so I dont miss the first little bit) but it seems to stop short so the signal is really low

Anybody else notice this? I don't think its TP overload as I have removed a bunch of TP's recently

Do you use USALS? If you do, Then it's a motor or alignment problem: Coolsat just sends a number of degrees to go to the motor.

My 6k seems to have done the same, but I was using USALS. I just assumed my dish got hit (I have kids and a ground level dish in the back yard) and needed a re-tweak. Funny, all mine needed a slight nudge west too.

Dish not tracking?

I hear Canada recently lost a 41-sq.-mile block of ice. Your dish is probably fine -- the earth is just off-center!:p

But seriously, I don't have a Coolsat, only a Pansat 2500 clone and it does a fine job of finding the sats. Maybe once or twice a year, after scanning in new sats, the USALS will act up just a tad. I have found that if I delete all of the sats and scan them all back in the order of their location, that fixes my problem. Chalk it up to superstition, if you like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)