coolsat 6000 factory default reset

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

donty

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Have Coolsat 6000 and sg2100 motor . Did factory reset and have gotten one satellite loaded. Can move motor manually from receiver but motor does not move when I click on a channel. Do I need two satellites scanned before it will move or what? I believe I have made all the changes in the settings but am not sure.
Thanks

The satellite doesn't have to be scanned first, but it does have to be programmed (or turned on) in the menu's. Otherwise it's not active. In other words each satellite (you're using) has to have USALS or 1.2 turned on in the menu's. Hope you understand what I'm saying?

Al

Have Coolsat 6000 and sg2100 motor . Did factory reset and have gotten one satellite loaded. Can move motor manually from receiver but motor does not move when I click on a channel. Do I need two satellites scanned before it will move or what? I believe I have made all the changes in the settings but am not sure.
Thanks

I have a CS 5000 , and If I make a Favorites list with channels from different satellites , then when changing channels my motor will move dish to the corresponding Satellite that channel is on.

OR If you you are on All Channels , especially if you are looking for something alphabetically then your motor will move to a different satellite as you toggle thru the channels.

But you say you have one satellite loaded, so if you are changing channels it will be only on that satellite, so blind scan other satellites and those channels will be added to the ALL List and also to Each individual satellite.

I don't fully understand your question because if you do a Factory or Database Reset , your basically starting from scratch with nothing , it's blank untill you start scanning , you say you have 1 satellite loaded ( you mean Scanned )

You say the dish doesnt move when you change channels , what channel are you changing to that you expect the dish to move to a different satellite, this is where you lost me.

On my CS 5000 I prefer to move from Sat to Sat , long ago I had a Favorites list I had setup so my Mom could use my receiver with little explanation on how to move the dish , by the time she learned how to use it, I gave her a Stationary dish with PVR FTA Receiver which she is still learning.

Don't know if I make sense , hope I helped.

Have set all satellites to 1.2 Did IA5 scan first. Antenna happened to be there when I did the reset. Scanned perfectly. Now when I go to do a scan of any type for other satellites, although the screen shows the line that the satellite moving, it does not actually move. I can fine tune IA5 and the motor moves so that signal is going to the motor. How do I scan another satellite? Thanks. PTL

I don't use 1.2 (I use USALS exclusively), so I'm not sure if I can help. First I would suggest try using USALS. If you just have to use 1.2 or you just need (or prefer) to use 1.2, then I think since you did a "factory reset", you will have to reprogram each satellite position you have for 1.2. Because of the "factory reset", the receiver no longer knows where the sats are located, so you will need to motor over to each sat and reprogram the 1.2 memory for the location. Like I said, I don't use 1.2 so I'm not sure, but "I think" this is probably what's happening? Good Luck!

Al

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)