Coolsat 6000 Hispasat signal problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

textin

Original poster
May 27, 2007
I have a 36" dish with a universal LNB that I pointed to the Hispasat 30W bird. For the life of me I could never get a signal from this bird using the Coolsat 6000. In frustration I decided to use my dads Pansat 2700 and hold and behold I got a signal on the STB sat finder meter.

When I reconnected my CS6K again no signal even though the satellite is now properly aligned. No matter what setting combination you use you can never get a signal from the Hispasat bird. As a test I also tried using a standard LNB again with the same results.

The weird thing using the CS6K is that if you scan the channels it finds them all on the Hispasat bird and you can see the signal strength for each channel, but still no signal on the STB sat finder meter.

Based on this observation it appears that there is a software bug in the factory default firmware that prevents the STB from showing a signal when trying to align to the Hispasat 30W bird.

I tried two other CS6K STB’s both with the same results. I contacted Coolsat and explained the problem and my findings to them but they want $29.00 to fix the problem. I find their demand ridiculous when it appears that the problem is related to a software bug that they can easily fix by releasing a firmware update. :mad:

Has anyone else noted this problem with this particular model, or can suggest another solution?

Weird...I know my 5000 which is just a smaller memory version of a 6000 works fine with Hispasat when I had the dish up

If you use a standard LNB, it should be set to SINGLE and 10750

FWIW I have a Coolsat 6000 with factory standard firmware/software and Hispasat is one of my most reliable birds. There are lots of 24/7 channels so it is easy to find a strong one to focus initially and then go to a weak one such as Solo Tango to tweak it until you have it perfect. 36" dish in good condition should be quite adequate for most channels, I have little problem with a 33".

Are you 100% sure you are pointed at 30W? It is just possible the signals you are seeing are from another sat in the vicinity.

If you are using a fixed dish make sure your skew is right. From my location it needs lots of skew.

yes, make sure you are on 45 w or something... Also 11884 v 27500 is usually pretty strong - in the 50s or 60s for me. 12175 v 4500 is usually pretty weak in the 30s to 40s for me.

I'm using a 39" fortec dish with a cs6000 and 30w comes in at anywhere on the Q meter at 70-94%. You say your using your dads pansat to get signals, but are you getting a picture with those signals??

Thanks for the reply. I would like to clarify things a little better. My location is in the West Coast of Florida.

The Hispasat bird is set up on a Pansat 2700; all channels come in with the lowest signal quality being 65%. The dish is a Fortec 36" with a Universal LNB. The STB clearly shows that it is locked on to Hispasat 30W bird.

I now remove the LNB cable from the Pansat and connect it to the Coolsat 6000, then set it to Hispasat 30W using the following settings:

LNB Power: ON
LNB Type: Universal LNB
LNB Freq: 9.750/10.600
22KHz: Auto
DiSEqC Switch: OFF
Legacy SW: OFF

Using these settings the Signal level on the CS6K is RED 97%, and my Quality is RED 5%.

I exit and save these settings, and Auto Scan for channels. The CS6K is able to find all the listed Hispasat channels without any problems. When you view the channels they all show a signal strength of 65% or higher, and show up crystal clear on the TV set.

Replacing the LNB with a standard type and setting the CS6K to:

LNB type: Single,
LNB Freq: 10.750
22KHz: OFF or ON
DiSEqC Switch: OFF
Legacy Switch: OFF

I get the same results, no signal quality meter but all the channels come in just fine. Using 2 other CS6K units produces the same identical results. All 3 CS6K units were produced in 2007. When I reconnect the Pansat 2700 I get a quality signal of 65% or better again.

Another thing is if I connect one of those pocket signal meters with the beeping sound the meter shows a signal when using the CS6K to power it and pointed at the Hispasat bird.

Weird?

did you do a blind scan??

sounds like the first transponder in the list isnt active. you can delete all tp's and do a blind scan

Did you ever find a solution?

I am having the very same problem with the CS6000. I believe the problem may lay in the "auto 22 khz" but found no way to override. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts