Coolsat 6000 power on issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
When I power on my receiver I hardly ever get any channels coming in. The quality sits at 0 and I get a bad or scrambled channel message. I usually have to go into the satellite setup menu and then after a second both the quality and signal meter go to green and all is well. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have the same thing happen occasionally with my Visionsat, but don't have a clue why it does it. :confused: When it does that I hit the TV/Radio button twice and that usually gets a picture.

have ya considered . . .

When I power on my receiver I hardly ever get any channels coming in.
Cold (drifted) LNB ?
Any difference between midnight and noon? What about winter and summer?
Any other receivers have this problem?
Do you have this problem on any other dishes/LNBs ?

In the FTA world, the diseqc switch turns on power to the chosen LNB.
In the Dish Network world, I believe all LNBs are powered all the time, even when the receivers are "off" (in stand-by mode).

On the other hand, I've seen users have trouble with leak-through on poor diseqc switches, when two LNBs were powered.
Ya just can't win. :cool:

I vote for dual output LNBs, followed by -powered- multiswitches, followed by diseqc switches. :eek:
But, that's not always doable.

I've only had this set up for a few days so I don't have experience with different weather conditions, temperatures, etc. There are no switches. Just a single LNB hooked directly to my receiver.

I have a similar issue on my VS ultra at times with a "locating signal " but I just turn the lnb off and back on and it goes away.I think I may have a bad connector or water getting into something.Signal is good just happens whenever it feels like it.

the only time I have that issue is when it gets really cold here in MN (like +10F or below)...then the LNB seems to short out. This is on my C-band setup

I would try and swap LNB and see if that changes it....otherwise check connections

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)