Coolsat 6000 Premium

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I finally had time to look at these. I first downloaded the channel list from my current one and uploaded it to the new one.
No problems there. The loader reports Version 1.00 found on both receivers.
Everything works. Channels come in great. Blindscan works fine. It ALL JUST WORKS.
Next, I like the remote on the new one a lot better. It's laid out a bit more intuitively.
I see absolutely no difference exterior wise or menu wise between the two.
Well... I say that...
I was planning to open the cases up and compare the internals, BUT... my old receiver has no seals on the case (warranty seals, that is) while the new one has two holographic CoolSat seals on the front and back. I decided against breaking them since this is a gift for my dad (our family get-together in on the 1st, so he hasn't gotten it yet.)
SOooo.... If I was going to guess one of these being a clone, I might point at my old one since it has no seals on the case... but, maybe they didn't put any on the older models...
Any thoughts on that?

One pic coming up...

Sure thing -
The black one is the new one.

Attachments

• EPSN0087.JPG
    EPSN0087.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 134
well the one thats black is like my coolsat 5000 & 6000 remote

i just ordered 3 more hopefully they are just like it :) hopefully i will get them friday and can say :)

Sat AV has them on sale for $1 each

I also got to like the universal remote that fits the coolsat 4000,5000,6000,7000 & 8000 I think it was called UniSat remote

I picked up a 5000 a few months ago from E-Bay for just under $17 so maybe I just got lucky. It did have hacked firmware on it but I was able to flash factory firmware to it with no problems at all. It works great and is set up in my garage currently.
I wouldn't pay too much more than that myself because of the chance it may be a clone or may not work at all due to botched firmware "upgrades". It's still a good receiver though, I'd certainly look for one if I was in the market for a third one.

comparing again

I just might bid on another one. Not quite as easy to set up as the Mercury II, but does seem to be more sensitive. It also appears to be a little more sensitive than the GEOsat DVR, but not too sure, yet how much. It "appears" that setting up for both KU and C bands would be harder, but that probably will never be a major problem, as I only know of 4 possible C band stations I want for the whole campus, and the modulator idea (my own cable system) looks better every day.

It looks like I spoke a little too soon on the sensitivity--- The Coolsat meter registers between 70 and 90 on most of the transponders I use on G19 -- the Mercury shows 50 to 75 on the same transpoders. BUT the Coolsat only locks above 67 and the Mercury locks at about 34 so my signal is much better on the Mercury. If this snow ever stops and it warms up, I plan to put up a P*75e and see if I get a stonger signal. Those numbers on the Mercury are lower than they were at Goldendale, so maybe the LNB is degrading -- or G19 signal has degraded.

that is one of the drawbacks of the Coolsat.....63-64 is the absolute threshold and most signals register around 70-73 (on version 1.00) or near 99 on version 1.01 software

I finally got mine to pick up on 123-G18. Regarding sensitivity, the signal strength always registers between high 70s and high 90s. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not it is pointed at a satellite, the ground or the wall. As long as the coax is connected to an lnb, it registers high signal strength, when my sat finder registers nothing.

Regarding the remote, mine is just like the black one in the previously posted picture, but mine is silver, not black.

As far as its authenticity goes, here is what i got back from Coolsat.

Dear customer,

The box is labeled "2007 EDITION". I have since learned the Coolsat
6000 was actually out of production in Novenmber 2006.
I think you bought a Clone unit. Because we do not make CS6000 anymore since late 2006.

Best regards,
Coolsat

I don't remember where, but someplace I saw pictures pointing out the differences between the real ones and the clones. There was some mention of the color of the center insulation on some of the RF ports on the back. I do remember that mine matched the colors of the clone. I also noticed on pictures of real ones, there were labels with barcodes and serial numbers. Mine has none of those.

I'm fairly convinced I have a clone. But it was cheap and it seems to work.

coolsat clones

mbarnes I have that pdf saved, to ID the clone units. I'll try to post it for you.

Attachments

• coolsat_clone.pdf
    844.7 KB · Views: 658
pop I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't hundreds if not thousands of those still stacked up in places, waiting to be sold. Maybe even the 5000 models too. Real ones, just unsold.

Sorry if this has been post but not even through Google I have found an answer.

I also have a 6000 premium with a HH90 stab motor and for some reason I have lost all the channels and settings after powering up the receiver some days. It is frustrating to have to re-scan the skies again. Do you guys power down the receiver every night or you just leave it on all the time? Why would it reset everything by itself? , Does it have some sort of battery inside? or Does it use a Non Volatil RAM to hold all the settings and channels?.

I also thought of getting a SATCODX compatible receiver for easily reprogramm everything but they are not available here in NA and in Europe those are expensive. Could I just download it to the PC with a serial cable and the upload it whwn need it?.

I think they all work mostly alike, I've never had one lose all its stored channels unless I hit the 'factory default' option to clear it out. Maybe yours is getting sick, or perhaps a power surge wiped it clean.

I've also not heard of this type of problem
I leave mine in standby most all the time when not in use.

one thing you can do is get a channel editor and download the last scan often and save it on your pc. then if needed you can easily upload it back to the receiver.

Thanks for the replies. this is an old unit so maybe that is the case but everything else works fine , that is why it concerned me. I have also had power issues with 1 of the breakers (the microwave rarely triggers it) on another circuit. I always used to put it on standby until it happened the third time then I decided to leave it on all the time. I will do a download to the PC to be safe.

Just pulled the cover off new Ebay purchase of 6000 CS with the following results.
Motherboard is genuine, RF mod is genuine
SDRAM id numbers different than either genuine or pdf furnished in this thread.
DAC """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

MPEG !! decoder does not have heat sink installed as shown on genuine
(this unit has conesxent(spelling wrong here)

LM 317s pretty much generic to all manufactureres

SO, could this end an end of production using various components on hand?

Things too much in uproar here for me to hook up and run scan.
If it can be done worng, I'll do it. So, may screw up the unit before gettting it right.

CS6000 vs CS5000

I bought a couple of the new CS6000 receivers offered up on Ebay over the holidays to replace the CS5000 I used when I originally got started with FTA. My old, used CS5000 picked up all the offerings on 97W using a DTV AT-9 dish (24x29" rounded rectangle) with a little signal to spare using a Tracker II+ lnb. Unfortunately, the receiver died (which is why I decided to get a new CS6000 plus a backup since the price was right). The new CS6000's only got 1/3 to 1/2 of the available signals using the same setup, and one was noticeably less sensitive than the other. I just got a good deal on a refurb CS5000, and it gets all signals just fine.

Its possible that the new CS6000's would get everything on a full-size dish; however, it seems odd that a new model would exhibit poorer performance than an older model. Anybody have any observations about this? My plans are to continue expanding my FTA setup using the AT-9 and Slimline dishes I have on hand; therefore receiver performance is important to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts