Coolsat 7000, USB HD & .ts files

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dgd44

Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Thinking of getting a CS7K so loaned my USB HD to a friend to try on his CS7K. Works great for him. He can recored and playback shows.
When I connected the USB HD to my pc to look at the files on it, all I saw was a few file names that were all scrambled with 'funny' characters and 'funny' extensions, like... #42%*.*@

I have search all over and I keep seeing reference to .ts files on other peoples hard drives. Do I need a special utility to access the USB hard drive with so i can see the files? OR should i just see .TS files listed there??

BTW, I formatted the drive as FAT32, and as I mentioned it works great when connected to the CS7K

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks
D..

I don't have an answer for you on the hard drive issue, but if you intend to use a disecq switch i STRONGLY recommend you stay away from the Coolsat 7000 AND the Visionsat IV-200. Neither of mine work woth a damn with a switch. Could be fixed with a s/w update, maybe, maybe not.

I'm with updatelee, try vlc

my only .ts video files i've seen were mpeg2s wrapped in drm from the tivo series 1 boxes.

I think you guys are missing something. He is saying that his hard drive does not have any .ts files.. only some weird named files, and is wondering if there is a utility to extract the ts files from their weird named files.

Exactly Lumpkin666, do I need a utility to see the .TS files or should I be seeing .TS files in my Windows explorer right from the USB drive??

AND

If i should be getting the .TS files right from the USB HD (which I think is what should be happening) why am i seeing 'garbage' file names??
Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for all the help!!

D...

Does anyone have a problem like this on the Visionsat? The Coolsat 7K and Visionsat are apparently nearly identical receivers (with a few minor modifications)...

I've got a file on a zip drive that I did with the Visionsat yesterday, VLC won't play it. I put it back in the receiver it plays fine, but VLC just sits there, blank-faced, progress bar moving, but no pic or sound.

This stuff is SO frustrating sometimes. :mad::cool:

I've got a file on a zip drive that I did with the Visionsat yesterday, VLC won't play it. I put it back in the receiver it plays fine, but VLC just sits there, blank-faced, progress bar moving, but no pic or sound.

This stuff is SO frustrating sometimes. :mad::cool:

Maybe you should try "Media Player Classic".

Looks like Micro$oft is good for something after all! ;)

VLC is a wonderful piece of software, and I can't imagine why it won't play those .TS files. I've had it refuse to play video files in the past, but never plain old MPEG-2 TS clips...

bzzzzt !

No, sorry, M$ is good for nothing. - :eek:

Media Player Classic is the anti-Micro$oft. - :D

Not sure why VLC wouldn't be up to the task.
Generally, it's the right answer, no matter what the question. - :up
Maybe not the latest version, or in need of recent codecs?

For some reason VLC won't directly play some streams recorded by the 7000. Get a copy of VideoReDo, remux the file (no transcoding involved), and VLC will play it just fine. I've had some feeds which worked right off the 7000 directly and some which required remuxing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What receivers blindscan the arc?

91w is up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)