Coolsat 8000 Satellite Location Edit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Channel Master Adjustable Post

B.J., my channel master bud has a similar configuration, it uses a 4.5" outer mast that fits over the ground post as illustrated in this photo, it's really a great feature for plumbing.

Attachments

• CMdish032sc.JPG
    CMdish032sc.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 82
Those cats would REALLY like a carpeted shelf on the backside of that dish ! :)
As it stands, they don't see much use for it.

:)

LOL, you're probably right, this photo is when I was doing the initial installation and alignment after the restoration of this freebie dish and the cats thought they could be of some help, getting in the way that is. :D

My first BUD had a plumb adjustment built in. I don't know why they don't sell mounts like this anymore, as at least an accessory. But the way the plumb adjustment worked, was that the bottom of the actual mount was connected to a flat triangular plate with an indentation in the center, and holes for bolts at the three ends of the triangle. The part of the mount that slipped over the pipe in the ground was a bigger pipe with a similar triangular plate welded to the top, again with an indentation in the center. Then they had a big ball bearing, maybe 1/2", that sat in that indentation, and the triangular plate of the upper part of the mount then sat on top of the triangular plate of the lower part with the ball bearing sandwiched between, so that the upper part could move around at any angle on top of that big ball bearing. Then, with nuts/bolts through the 3 holes of the 2 triangular plates, you could adjust the plumb of your actual mount by tightening/loosening the 3 bolts. The thing came with a little level permanently attached to the top plate, so that you could see the level as you adjusted the 3 bolts. Pretty nifty. That being said, it's not really necessary to have a plumb pole, but it sure makes things easier.

I've had ideas about a mount like that in a smaller size for DiSEqC motors to mount on. Instead of fumbling with square U-Bolts and sliding the motor bracket around on the pole, you would simply loosen the ball bearing and adjust. Sadoun, Brian, and Robby... What do you guys think of a product like that? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts