Coolsat Blind Scan Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
For some reason, when I try to blind scan with my Coolsat, the screen goes blank and then goes to a channel I already have in place. Last night, the blind scan "started" acting funny. When I tried to run a blind scan, the little indicator moved very quickly and no frequencies were listed. When I say quickly I mean about 10 - 15 seconds. Obviously this isn't right. Now, as stated above, it doesn't even do that, it just blanks out. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I'd hate to have to send it back as everything's finally in place. Thanks!

It sounds like it's crashing and re-booting.

If you're doing a full reset, it'd be a great time to install the 1.3 Firmware :).

Shawn

Would the installation of the 1.3 firmware take care of the system reset as well? I saw the instructions of the firmware installation on this forum. If the firmware installation will not take care of the reset as well, how do you perform a reset? Thanks!

sidekick said:
Would the installation of the 1.3 firmware take care of the system reset as well? I saw the instructions of the firmware installation on this forum. If the firmware installation will not take care of the reset as well, how do you perform a reset? Thanks!
No - you'd still need to do that. I believe all my channel lists etc stayed in tact when I had upgraded my Coolsat to 1.3.

Shawn

So I'm clear on this, you would suggest doing a database reset first and then upgrade to the 1.3? I wasn't sure if the database reset is the same as system reset. Thanks!

Before getting too deep into it - did you power it off (via the switch in the back of the reciever) let it sit a few and turn it back on? This would be the first thing I'd try.

I was speaking of the reset in the menu. I dont' have my CoolSat anymore so W_Tracy would know better exactly what it's called in the menus.

Well, I just tried powering the unit off and on and nothing changed. Guess I'll do the reset and install the 1.3 firmware as well. I'll have to wait till the weekend as I'm sure my wife is tired of me fiddling with the unit. Doesn't she know that's half the fun? lol

Shawn95GT said:
I believe all my channel lists etc stayed in tact when I had upgraded my Coolsat to 1.3.

Shawn

They were still there...

Were.... :D

questic said:
They were still there...

Were.... :D
:p I had it up and running 1.3 for a little while before I sent it your way. I was estatic when I got AC3 audio on PBS / ImaginAsian. My kids are upset that the Pansat is taking so long - they miss PBS kids.

Had a similar problem with my Coolsat 4000 pro

Hi,
I've encountered the same problem with my Coolsat 4000 pro - the blind search was completing in a few seconds. I encountered this problem after I attempted to add a new satellite AMC 9 and one of its TP's to my receiver.
I was able to correct the problem by deleting the TP associated with the newly added satellite - AMC 9. By chance did you try to add a new satellite/TP to your receiver? FYI, I am at S/W version 1.20 on my receiver.

Yes Yes Yes. That's "exactly" what I did as well. I added AMC 9 and about three TP's, tried to do a blind scan and BINGO ... no more blind scan. How did you go about fixing your problem. If it was delting the newly added Sat, how exactly did you do that. Thanks !!!!

Shawn95GT said:
Before getting too deep into it - did you power it off (via the switch in the back of the reciever) let it sit a few and turn it back on? This would be the first thing I'd try.

I was speaking of the reset in the menu. I dont' have my CoolSat anymore so W_Tracy would know better exactly what it's called in the menus.

It's "System Setting/Database Reset". Be advised all channels (and if I remember right satellites too) will be gone. Be sure to motor to your TS first if you do this.

sidekick said:
As a further note, I also added SBS and another as well... They, of course, didn't scan either.

You are going into "Motorized Settings" too and entering data there right? I would double-check all my settings and make sure the dish is actually moving to the satellite.

I think cebu22 hit the nail on the head as the same thing happened to me immediately after I tried to add AMC9 and SBS to the receiver. I'm going to try deleting the TP's associated with those sats to see if that corrects the problem. I'm wondering if others had the problem that cebu22 and I had when trying to add AMC9 and other sats on a coolsat system?

Not too clear on this but if it does the same thing on all satellites (not just the new ones) then you might have to do a reset unless the trick that cebu22 provided does work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts