Coolsat vs Viewsat settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

altadata

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Ok, I'm able to watch some of the IA5 channels on the Viewsat Ultra.
The LNB is a dual standard LNB linear.
The second output of the LNB goes to a coolsat 6000.
I'm trying to get the Coolsat 6000 going, but the settings are different.

In the Coolsat Dish Settings, for the LNB type I have these choices:
Single, Universal, OCS, OCS DP, legacy twin LNB1 etc.
Which one should I choose if I have a standard linear LNBF?

Also how should the LNB Freq be set to?

Thanks.

Ok, I put single 10750.

If I do a "Blind Scan" I get no channels.
But if I do a manual scan on each of the transponders that are already in the coolsat menu, I get channels ( for example if I do a manual scan on tp1= 11749GHz I do get some channels).

I'm getting 65-68% Quality signal in the "Dish setting" page.

What I'm doing wrong? My settings for the blind scan page are:

97W IA-5 on the left
TP=11.700 ~ 12.750
SR=FULL
Pol=ALL
Mode=ALL

It sounds to me like you're not pointing correctly. Also, you can only scan the polarity of your master receiver. Why don't you try unconnecting the Viewsats input and put the co-ax into the Coolsat and try another blindscan, with the Viewsat out of the way?

Al

It sounds to me like you're not pointing correctly. Also, you can only scan the polarity of your master receiver. Why don't you try unconnecting the Viewsats input and put the co-ax into the Coolsat and try another blindscan, with the Viewsat out of the way?

Al

I'm pointing as corretly as I can. If the viewsat is getting channels, I'd like to get the same channels with the coolsat.

If I have a dual output LNB, and if I run a cable from one output to viewsat and one cable from the other output to the coolsat, I thought the 2 receivers are independent ( like having 2 separate systems with separate dishes etc ).
Why one is master?

Anyway I'll try to temporary disconnect the viewsat, and have only the coolsat connected to the other output of lnbf and see what it gives.

Thanks.

If you have a dual lnbf, and you're feeding the 2 receivers separately, then it wouldn't matter. My bad, I misunderstood, as I reread your 1st post, I see I wasn't paying attention, sorry about that. Don't know why the Coolsat isn't scanning right? Your figures in post #4 are like they should be. Are you sure the lnbf is a Standard? What are the settings in the Viewsat? And although it's doubtful, it could be a bad cable, so it wouldn't hurt to swap the cables between the 2 and see what happens?

Al

If you have a dual lnbf, and you're feeding the 2 receivers separately, then it wouldn't matter. My bad, I misunderstood, as I reread your 1st post, I see I wasn't paying attention, sorry about that. Don't know why the Coolsat isn't scanning right? Your figures in post #4 are like they should be. Are you sure the lnbf is a Standard? What are the settings in the Viewsat? And although it's doubtful, it could be a bad cable, so it wouldn't hurt to swap the cables between the 2 and see what happens?

Al

The cable that goes to coolsat is much longer ( almost twice as long ) - but before you say anything - doing a manual scan on individual transponders works. And the channels get added and are viewable ok.
Is "blind scan" somewhat different than manual scan and maybe sensitive to cable distance?

Thanks.

I don't think that cable distance will be a problem, but I have read that 100' or 150' lengths are as far as you can go. I have one over 325', and it works, but it's on a BUD, so the bigger dish might help it somewhat? I have 2 ku dishes of about 180' and 210' lengths.
You could go out to the lnbf and make the swap, but if you do, I would suggest cutting the power off, just in case, although it won't really matter if you don't have any switches (such as Diseqc switch or Multiswitch or 22KHz switch) involved.

Al

I don't have a Viewsat, but I have a Coolsat (5000) and the blind scan will scan for everything on the Vertical side and then do the same on the Horizontal side. I hardly ever do a manual scan, and I can't think of anything different, except the manual will be faster because of only one channel as opposed to all the channels.

Al

The problem was solved.
I deleted all channels and did a blind scan. It found channels this time.

I had some AMC3 or AMC4 channels stored from when I was trying to find IA5 and hit the AMC3/4 instead. In my opinion I should not have had to delete anything.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)