Coordinates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpgny9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I was hoping that someone would help me out and find out my coordinates for me. I have a dual lnb dish (pointing at the 101 satellite only) and want to see if i have a clear view to set up a 3lnb dish. I have tried many pointing calculators, but none seem to give the skew, only azymuth and elevation. This info would be greatly appreciated.

My zip is 07047, but the coordinates for New York, NY would work just fine (I live on the Jersey side of the Hudson)

Thanks!

I dont have the receiver yet, thats my problem. I wanna make sure that I can get a clear line of sight (gonna be real tight) before i buy anything

cpgny9 said:
I was hoping that someone would help me out and find out my coordinates for me. I have a dual lnb dish (pointing at the 101 satellite only) and want to see if i have a clear view to set up a 3lnb dish. I have tried many pointing calculators, but none seem to give the skew, only azymuth and elevation. This info would be greatly appreciated.

My zip is 07047, but the coordinates for New York, NY would work just fine (I live on the Jersey side of the Hudson)

Thanks!

http://www.skycasters.com/lookangle/ The skew is not needed to determine if you can see the satellites. Skew refers to the tilt of the dish. Exact tilt is needed so that each LNB lines up aimed at each of the satellites. Simply use the azimuth and elevation for all of the satellites that you'll need and use a compass and inclinometer to check for an unobstructed path to the satellites. Remember to account for magnetic declination.

Last edited:
the site Tower Guy gave is just for some G11, G4, SM5, AMC6, AMC9, Telstar14, Horizon1, and IA8. or atleast it did for me.

You can use G4 which is at 99 and right beside DTV 101 for a very close elevation and AZ, and Satmex5 at 117 which is right beside DTV 119 for that view. If you have a clear view with them and nothing in the middle of the 2 you will be ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)