copyright protection on TNT

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
I have a 622 and frequently send stuff to my dvd recorder a sony and a Jvc, but recently my dvd recorder says cannot record copy protected movie, IM not recording a movie but some of the Nascar races on tnt, they are being recorded in sd not hd and are recorded to the hard dish then sent to the dvd recorder through composite cables??? any ideas????

I have a 622 and frequently send stuff to my dvd recorder a sony and a Jvc, but recently my dvd recorder says cannot record copy protected movie,

hmmm. I'm having no problems moving Franklin and Bash episodes from my 625 through the composite cable to my HTPC recording program so I can watch the episodes in a few months when I"m ready.

Maybe TNT is doing it on a program by program basis so I'll record a little bit of the next TNT NASCAR race and see if I have any issues sending it to my HTPC through composite cable connection.

and I can confirm there is no copyright protection on TNT - I was able to record a few minutes of tonight's race to my HTPC through composite video and watch it and I never got my recording program warning me that the content could not be recorded because it was copyright protected.

how are you performing the "transfer"? Reason is if dish and tnt had that program flagged, in order to work your DVR would need to be talking to the dvd recorder (which I highly doubt is occurring) — what if you just play the event and record it to the dvd?

ow if you have it plugged in to the DVD-R via HDMI then yeah I could see a flag in use…

My Vip211s are connected via HDMI thru an multi-HDMI switcher to the tv & I occasionally get the HDCP (or whatever) error message. Unplugging the switch box and immediately plugging it back in gets rid of the error.

HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display.
Have you tried without the switch?
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)