corotor2 vs bsc621

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Depends on what you want to watch, I purchased the wideband feed so I can pull in basically everything, not sure if you can hit NSS-806 from your location but as a feed hunter it's a nice bird, for just the regular linear stuff a feed will most probably always be best especially with a nice set of lnb's, the lnbf's do work pretty good though and can be found cheap..

What kind of receiver do you need for a corotor II? Does it need anything special to control the servo motor or will any receiver work with it?

What kind of receiver do you need for a corotor II? Does it need anything special to control the servo motor or will any receiver work with it?

Most Pansat receivers will control the polarity, or you can grab a 4dtv or any old analog receiver, like this you will also be able to pick up analog feeds.

a corotor will outperform the combo lnbf by a mile. the combo lnbf's have issues (at least on my dishes) of having a terrible compromise in signal between c and ku. You can peak C and lose ku and vice versa. if you are just totally playing around and your dish is easily accessable, and you don't mind having to change your focal distance a lot the combo unit is ok at best.

If you want to throw on a feeehorn and forget it for the most part then the corotor II is for you.

another option for using a high performance feedhorn without needing a servo motor control from an analog receiver is doing what i did.

Use a dual C and dual KU feedhorn called an Orthomode feed.
You have four total lnbs. two Ku (one each for vertical and horizontal) and two for C band (also one each for vertical and Horizontal)

You bring four coaxes down to a directv 22Khz multiswitch.

I use the cheap dms international bsc - 211 lnbs which amazingly work well considering they cost 10.00 on ebay! If you buy norsats or high end lnbs you can put hundreds and hundreds of dollars and maybe over 1000.00 in a orthormode feedhorn setup.

I bought my ortho feedhorn from ebay for 50.00 with lnbs. the lnbs were bad. I installed the cheapies and can lock anything on my 10'. even the tight FEC signals that are problematic comes in fine.

there is a company somewhere online that sells knock offs of the chaparall dual c dual ku ortho feed that works well.

last I checked the horn was 100.00 or so.

ebay has the cheap directv multiswitches. its the 4x8 powered model for 13.00 or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)