CorotorII with a 6' mesh?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Anyone out there every tried (or currently using) a cotorII c/ku setup with a 6' mesh dish?

I thinking of taking my next fta plunge. If I can find out what kind of success others have had with signal strength on both the c and ku side, I may just have to invest some more money. I've already got the dish and a 17k cband lnb....just have to get the corotor, ku and hd receiver.

...from what I've read...

If the corotor is $20 'cause you know how to scrounge, that's hard to argue with.
If you are going to pay new prices, then maybe you should do a bit of reasearch first.
What dollar amount are you thinking?

As for the 6'-dish, there are some members getting useful signals with 'em.
Problem seems to be maybe adjacent-satellite interference, especially on FEC 7/8 signals.
So, while I plan on getting a six-footer and doing some tests myself, I know if I locate and 8' or 10' dish first, that would be a smarter move.
Already have on hand, the dual-band LNBf from SatelliteAV, as mentioned above.

If you were planning on any of the classic BUD stuff like watching 4DTV, then as I understand, you are not going anywhere with 6'.

As for the BSC621 not doing well on Ku, I've been reading through the posts here on the forum since that particular LNBf came out.
That's two or three years of posts on the subject.
Some folks get it to work. Some don't.
Based on tests recently carried out by Linuxman, I'm inclined to believe that just maybe . . .
- people more accustomed to the aiming accuracy of C-band didn't realize Ku-aiming was more critical
- same thing pertaining to getting the LNBf located properly on the dish
- some positioners, while acceptable for C-band use, just are not accurate enough for Ku
- and of course, some BUDs just suck at reflecting Ku (due to both mesh-size and surface-accuracy).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)