Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flinthill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
West Central Texas
What is the correct LNB orientation ???

I am getting ready to install a Norsat 4206a & 8215 LNB onto a Chaparral II+ feedhorn and need to know the correct orientation of the LNBs to the feedhorn. Each LNB has a factory label, should the label side of the LNB be placed facing away from the center axis of the feedhorn, or is there some other method?

Also, the 4206a came from the factory with a clear plastic seal on the bottom (signal in) side and I am wondering if should be removed before installation.

Thanks.

Do not remove the plastic, it keeps mosture out, but if you already did, it is not a big deal.

The C-band lnb can be placed anyway, some people place it for the coax to be more in toward the feed, so the nose cone can fit.

For the Ku-band lnb it is the the same, though just match the hole up from the lnb to the hole on the feedhorn.

Hello tdti1, good to hear from you, I was in hopes you would look at the forum today. RE: the C-band LNB...deep inside the rectangular throat opening there is a rounded protrusion extending into the throat about 1/4 inch and off-centered to one side. Due to this object being off centered I thought there might be some requirement dictating the LNB be rotated in one direction or the other relative to the feedhorn axis.

Thanks for your reply, have a good holiday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)