correct mast size for 75e dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What receiver do you have?

GeoSatPro HDVR3500.
This may or may not be part of the problem. Specs were not as originally described and there have been a number of issues with this receiver which the distributor has been trying to work out with firmware releases. Some dealers are offering returns and full refunds because of this. See more here (long thread but worth the read): http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3699918/

This may or may not be part of the problem. Specs were not as originally described and there have been a number of issues with this receiver which the distributor has been trying to work out with firmware releases. Some dealers are offering returns and full refunds because of this. See more here (long thread but worth the read): http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3699918/
I really like this unit because of XBMC. Maybe titanium can point out a firmware download?Update? I bought it from him.

I really like this unit because of XBMC. Maybe titanium can point out a firmware download?Update? I bought it from him.
Possibly. I don't believe he's even selling these anymore because of the issues. I've done business with him before and I'm sure he will help you if there is something that can be done on his end. :)

Possibly. I don't believe he's even selling these anymore because of the issues. I've done business with him before and I'm sure he will help you if there is something that can be done on his end. :)
I bought it over two weeks ago. If someone could post a firmware update download link, I would be happy to do a YouTube video for the unit as a fix IF it works. Of course I would have to start a new thread for that and i would post the link. For now I will wait for that and get my dish up and going one way or another. Got to get this problem solved first.

Glover31, Check out post #562 for the latest USB firmware update. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3730770/

Hadn't heard of lock-ups during the install. If you enjoy using the unit, I will certainly attempt to support your install!

FTA4PA is correct. We no longer sell the HDVR3500 due to unresolved issues, but would be happy to refund and suggest alternative products. Give me a call.

I am wondering: talks here about tangible things such a pipes and antennas on them, but not many pictures. In reality, all the holder are better when they self-made, adjusted to exact place. That what I made last summer: IMG_20150704_123945 (Custom).jpg
Without any book, I would say that proper pipe diameters are:
- antenna up to 90cm- pipe 40-50mm;
- 1m-1,1m antenna - pipe 60mm;
- 1,2m -1,5m antenna - pipe 76mm;
- 1,8m dish - pipe 89mm-100mm;
- 2,4m dish- pipe 100mm

Reactions: Titanium
Glover31, Check out post #562 for the latest USB firmware update. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3730770/

Hadn't heard of lock-ups during the install. If you enjoy using the unit, I will certainly attempt to support your install!

FTA4PA is correct. We no longer sell the HDVR3500 due to unresolved issues, but would be happy to refund and suggest alternative products. Give me a call.
Much appreciated. Sorry.. I had car problems all weekend and have had to halt progress on the sat install to fix the car. I did however zip tie a lnbf " universal" to the dish. What a world of difference. But geuss what? still cant pull in galaxy 19. I am thinking about placing dish skew at 90 and setting the lnbf to skew settings of dish and work backwards from there. I think the dish size really limits signal.
Pictures are coming. Just a matter of time. I ordered a scalar ring. So i will be putting the lnb back on when it comes. Hope full to have the dish tuned in by then.
I read the post above. I have no idea if what has been discussed is what I am experiencing but I must ask.... Is the fact that xbmc always being in 1080 hd maybe causing problems? Back when I owned a openbox s9hd I had problems with resolution that caused the receiver to freeze. Also... Can the internal memory be removed entirely without issues? Maybe it would help? Speed read write problems?

UGG!. I am so confused. Still cant pull in galaxy 19. I don't understand what is wrong here. I am using my meter and I am definitely hitting sat's left and right. Maybe I should use a 9 volt battery on my meter instead of using the cable to power it. I don't know. Good God.

Photos?

9v battery? What kind of meter are you using? If the meter doesn't display signal level and signal quality readings for a specific satellite and to, pull it out out line and take only the receiver and a TV out to the dish. Use the receiver's signal meter to view as you make small / slow adjustments to the dish.

What LNBF model, frequency range and LO Frequency?

Standing in front of the dish the LNBF or the dish will be rotated counter clockwise 19 1/2 degrees.

On the receiver, is the LO frequency matching the LNBF LO frequency?

What 97w transponder/polarity/symbol rate are you selecting on the receiver's transponder list?

Agreed those little meters with just a needle and nothing else is almost like doing it without one. It is just a single transistor or OP amp circuit and will deflect the needle if pointed at anything electric and electronic.

Agreed those little meters with just a needle and nothing else is almost like doing it without one. It is just a single transistor or OP amp circuit and will deflect the needle if pointed at anything electric and electronic.
Or trees for that matter... Just working with what I got.. Don't have much after the divorce so that's basically it. Little meter with needle. I did however also have a small tv and using the meter on it via the receiver I bought from titanium. Ironically enough, I managed to get it all up and going last night. What I did is use the dish with no skew "so 90" and rotated the universal lnbf inside the tie strap and boom. Got it. Actually I pulled in 95 west first then I got 97. Thing is....... elevation is at 50. Not 37. I went back and rechecked EVERYTHING. Cause that doesn't make any sense. Things were only a little off as far as level. Yet, after all adjustments were made still I was at 50. 50. And at 50 I was able to hit sats left and right just for giggles. I guess if all else fail's throw away the instructions. Mua ha ha ha ha!. So from this point I worked backwords by simply turning the dish skew slowly to 70 and the lnbf to 0 a little bit at a time. I have signal 70+ and quality is just over 50. Pictures to come. Trying to find my data cable to hook my phone to the computer to upload them. Hopefully I will have the correct lnb and scalar ring by Friday.

Reactions: Titanium
Or trees for that matter... Just working with what I got.. Don't have much after the divorce so that's basically it. Little meter with needle.
I hope you didn't take what I said wrong, was not inferring that you are cheap, or beneath anyone for not buying a $1000 meter. :)
Just stating the facts, if you are rich or poor money wise, those things are just about a waste of money. Although if that is all, you have and you get some experience under your belt they can come in handy once you know where the arc is at your location. Just keep that gain knob backed off as much as you can.

If the temporary LNBF feed horn opening is at a different height than the original, the dish elevation will be adjusted to compensate for the difference. When you swap for the OEM feedhorn/scalar, the elevation will require adjustment.

Reactions: KE4EST
If the temporary LNBF feed horn opening is at a different height than the original, the dish elevation will be adjusted to compensate for the difference. When you swap for the OEM feed-horn/scalar, the elevation will require adjustment.
Thats what I was thinking last night.. but.. guess what? No signal. Notta nothin. With this scalar ring I get same results as the first time I used this lnb. I am thinking its junk. But before I chuck it in the trash " so discouraged" , I thought I would finally get to uploading the pictures I have taken as I have gone along. Also this lnb with scalar ring I just bought has me baffled. Why would there be skew marks on this? The darn thing doesn't adjust. It has 4 screws but they don't let it turn or anything like that.
Photo359.jpg
Photo360.jpg
Photo361.jpg
Photo362.jpg
Photo363.jpg
Photo364.jpg
Photo365.jpg
Photo366.jpg
Photo367.jpg
Photo368.jpg
Photo369.jpg
Photo370.jpg
Photo371.jpg
Photo372.jpg
Photo373.jpg
Photo374.jpg

Take off the blue conical scalar. That is used on C-band feedhorns on offset dishes and has no purpose for mounting the OEM feedhorn/scalar/LNB on your reflector.

The OEM scalar feedhorn is mounted on the feedarm then the dish will be rotated 19 1/2 degrees counter clockwise (standing in front of the dish).

The OEM feedhorn mounts with either the two screws through the tabs into the LNB riser or if the riser has its own clamping top cap, clamp onto the round portion of the feedhorn.

Take off the blue conical scalar. That is used on C-band feedhorns on offset dishes and has no purpose for mounting the OEM feedhorn/scalar/LNB on your reflector.

The OEM scalar feedhorn is mounted on the feedarm then the dish will be rotated 19 1/2 degrees counter clockwise (standing in front of the dish).

The OEM feedhorn mounts with either the two screws through the tabs into the LNB riser or if the riser has its own clamping top cap, clamp onto the round portion of the feedhorn.

Good, correct LNBF! Be sure the receiver' LO frequency is set to 10750.

You were informed correctly, the LNB requires a feed horn and scalar. Not sure how a LNB could be mounted on the 75e without the feedhorn and scalar. Surprised that anything was received! Definitely want to see a photo of how this is mounted. You either need to also install the proper feedhorn/scalar or replace with a LNBF.

The receiver will not display Signal Quality unless it is placed on an active transponder. On G19 KU, I recommend using transponder frequency 12152 / Polarity Horizontal / Symbol Rate 20000 as a good active transponder to locate G19. Sweeping the sky and Blind Scanning is a very slow and difficult way to locate a satellite. Like you, I would also be very frustrated with this method.

This lnb has to have one. At least so I'm told..... It does not work. I know its used on c-band. Impakt products didnt give me the one that goes with the lnb nor do they sell it. I am so frustrated with the lnb. pretty bad the $32.50 + 16 dollar shipping bolt on lnb doesn't work but I can make a 3 dollar UNIVERSAL lnbf work decent. I really dont know what else to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.