Status
Please reply by conversation.

htguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
North of the TwinCities
Hi All,

I don't have a lot of faith in getting accurate info from the reps at Direct so I thought I would ask here. I am considering adding 2 more HDDVR's on my account. I currently have an HR22 that is owned( no lease fees). I purchased 2 HR21 Pro's and was wondering what the fees would be to add them to my account?

thanks.

If you own the receivers the cost is the same, the lease fee turns into a mirror fee (which existed before DirecTV leased receivers)

03/18 04/17 CHOICE Monthly 55.99
03/18 04/17 HD Access Monthly 10.00
03/18 04/17 DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 6.00
03/18 04/17 DIRECTV on DEMAND Tune to Ch. 1000 for more info 0.00

So I should expect to see something like $5.99 per receiver added and it will be called a mirroring fee? Is the 1 DVR fee all there will be or is there a DVR per box?

Thanks for the info.

The DVR fee is per account, not per box. So you would only see the mirror fee added

Hi All,

I don't have a lot of faith in getting accurate info from the reps at Direct so I thought I would ask here. I am considering adding 2 more HDDVR's on my account. I currently have an HR22 that is owned( no lease fees). I purchased 2 HR21 Pro's and was wondering what the fees would be to add them to my account?

thanks.

Just because you don't have any lease fees on your bill doesn't mean that you OWN the HR22. DirecTV does not charge the lease fee for the first receiver on the account.

Hi All,

I currently have an HR22 that is owned( no lease fees). I purchased 2 HR21 Pro's and was wondering what the fees would be to add them to my account?

Just wondering where someone "buys" an HR22's or other current DTV receivers?

You can buy them from DirecTV if you are willing to pay a higher price. The HR21 pro is normally owned not leased and is usually available from solid signal and other online retailers for about $400.
But I can't see what is the attraction in "owning" the boxes. You pay more upfront, you pay the same fees every month, and you pay more if the box goes wrong and it needs to be replaced. Yes, you can sell it if you leave DirecTV but not for very much, usually the boxes have been replaced by new models and are worth nothing. All my "old" DirecTV boxes have ended up going for recycling, they are not worth anything.

Got to agree 100% with Texasbrit. The notion of owning a receiver nowadays just doesn't make sense. I too have sent at least three old receivers for recycling and still have an H10 and supposedly defective H20 to get rid of next time I make a recycle center run.

Got to agree 100% with Texasbrit. The notion of owning a receiver nowadays just doesn't make sense. I too have sent at least three old receivers for recycling and still have an H10 and supposedly defective H20 to get rid of next time I make a recycle center run.

Same here, except I have salvaged the hard drives out of deactivated HDVR2 and R15s to upgrade some old computers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)