Costco Selling 622 with Rebate, what is the rebate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I was walking around my local costco yesterday and noticed that costco was selling vip 622 with a $270 mail in rebate .
I couldnt see what the rebate was for as it was inside the packaging.

Does anybody know the details, would be nice to know ?

This also puts to rest, in my mind, that 622's are in short supply.

Didn't see it at the Costco store here in SSF. All the HD TVs were previewing the Voom channels and they had a small section with Dish Network flyers with all the programming packages but no Dish Network receivers.

one would think a $270 rebate is a $270 rebate. don't see what's so confusing about it...

RandallA said:
Didn't see it at the Costco store here in SSF. All the HD TVs were previewing the Voom channels and they had a small section with Dish Network flyers with all the programming packages but no Dish Network receivers.

Did they have any special deals for members. If so, I might just have to renew my membership.

ok well, i'll go back in this week and ask what the deal terms are.
Personal situation means im not in the market for a receiver so didnt go ask at the desk, but was interested if others knew,e.g if it was for existing Dish subs or only new members, if part of the 270 was made up of the 200 rebate mentioned etc.

I was just as COSTCO yesterday. I'd be interested in one if there indeed a $270 rebate and not just for new customers.

Last time I was at the Rancho Cucamonga, Kalifornia Costco, they had been overrun with DirectTV hardware with nothing Echostar in sight.

I would welcome Dish back to my local Costco with open arms should they return by buying a 622 for the master bedroom.

A free 622 after rebate would be more than insanely cool.

There is no way costco can offer a $270 rebate on an owned unit. Sure stores like Costco can get a better discount from DISH, maybe $50 if they buy enough in quanity but not $270.

What it looks like to me is this. If you sign up as a new customer there is a $199 lease upgrade fee, plus they charge $30 for an activation card for a total of $229.

If you consider the unit MSRP is $499, a $270 discount puts you in at $229.

The Dishstore beats that deal because if you where signing up as a new customer we waive the activation fee completely putting you at $199 for everything!!!!

When I first joined Dish six years ago, I purchased my two hardware units from Costco and wound up $50 ahead (effectively, the hardware was free and Dish gave me $50 to boot). However, I was then a new customer and the big rebate was indeed likely because I was a new customer with a new service contract (it was either 12 or 18 months, I can't remember).

Anywho, if Dish gets their 622 into Costco it'll sure bring in a bunch of new subs.

Something else to consider: Many vendors blow out their "old" hardware through Costco. Perhaps Dish is getting ready to roll out a replacement for the 622?

We'll see if existing subs can get a deal of sorts on a Costco 622.

I'll be keeping my eagle eye open.

David Dietzel said:
Something else to consider: Many vendors blow out their "old" hardware through Costco. Perhaps Dish is getting ready to roll out a replacement for the 622?
Perhaps E* should spend time getting all the features (Ethernet, USB External Storage, DishComm) to work on this box prior to rolling out a replacement.;)

Claude Greiner said:
There is no way costco can offer a $270 rebate on an owned unit. Sure stores like Costco can get a better discount from DISH, maybe $50 if they buy enough in quanity but not $270.

What it looks like to me is this. If you sign up as a new customer there is a $199 lease upgrade fee, plus they charge $30 for an activation card for a total of $229.

If you consider the unit MSRP is $499, a $270 discount puts you in at $229.

The Dishstore beats that deal because if you where signing up as a new customer we waive the activation fee completely putting you at $199 for everything!!!!

Actually, Claude, people that sign up through you would get it for $149.01 since they get $49.99 credit on their first bill! ;)

David Dietzel said:

We'll see if existing subs can get a deal of sorts on a Costco 622.

I'll be keeping my eagle eye open.

DISH does have a 222 coming out with is essentially a 322 but with TV1 output being HD or you can say that it's a 622 without the DVR capability. Also, there's supposedly a 612 coming out that doesn't do dual-room output but rather single-room HD output with 2 tuners, just as if the 622 was locked into a Single Mode.

But as far as I know, the 622 should stay on the market regardless of whether the 222 or the 612 comes to the market. Quite a few subs use the 622 in Dual Mode and therefore would not want a 612 instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts