Could I expect to get three ViP622s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Charlie Victor

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
I’ve been a Dish Network subscriber for years. I have one 3900 and two 2800s. It’s time to upgrade. I’d like to get three ViP622s. Lease would be okay.

Is it reasonable to think that I might be able to get three ViP622s? What would I expect to pay for this?

I’m in Seattle and get OTA HDTV. But I don’t get all the channels all that well so I will probably still want the locals. I may hook up all six TV’s to these three receivers. I plan to subscribe to the AEP/ Plat HD Package. What can I expect for the setup and monthly fees for this? Would there be an extra receiver fee for five of the TV’s or just two?

Just look for options. Thanks in advance.

Charlie

According to most reports, You'd be able to upgrade one for $300, which would be leased. Supposedly, we only get one MPEG4 "upgrade" per year. For the other two, you will have to buy at retail ($700 each, I believe). Limited supply of these early on may make getting 3 difficult even at that.

Keep in mind that at the moment, you'd still only have locals in SD...none of the HD locals are available yet, and I dont believe Seattle is in the group currently uplinked.

Not sure what all the monthly fees will mount up to for all thought.

No matter what unless they make a major change in their leasing rules, the maximum that they will lease is FOUR tuners. Which would equal two dual tuner receivers. You should be able to buy them.

Monthly Fees would be: (for three owned 622)
Programing package at $$$$
Two addtional HD receivers @ $6 each - provided all the 622 are connected to a working phone line.
Three DVR fees @ $5.98 each unless you have the Everything package.

How many people are in your house, and how many TVs are in use simultaneously? There's a good chance you could get by with only one ViP622 since both TV1 and TV2 can be sent, on separate channels, to your in-home cable distribution.

This would save approx. $24 per month on the additional receiver and DVR fees for the other two units.

I have 4 TV's in my house and need two ViP622's.
I'm curious if they will do more than 1 reciever per sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts