Could Pandora be added to Dish on Line?

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I know fios is rolling it out on their STB's and it would be an added plus for those of us who have ethernet cables plugged into our DVR's. (For Dish on Line)

I don't know about Pandora, what association does Dish have with Pandora? But perhaps SiriusXM could be.

I don't know about Pandora, what association does Dish have with Pandora? But perhaps SiriusXM could be.
I'm not sure an association is necessary. What association do Onkyo, Panasonic, Sony and other device manufacturers have? And there is also a Pandora app in the Vudu app set on my Mits 60738. As for Sirius are you wanting the full line up as opposed to the channels we now get? My new Onkyo 609 has a Sirius app that allows streaming if you have an on line account with Sirius and Onkyo just added an app for Spotify via firmware update so I would think Dish could add a couple of apps. But they probably won't.

If I have a DISH receiver with SiriusXM channels in the guide why would I nee d a second way to get SiriusXM. I would much prefer access to Pandora------or better yet Slacker !

If I have a DISH receiver with SiriusXM channels in the guide why would I nee d a second way to get SiriusXM. I would much prefer access to Pandora------or better yet Slacker !

I took the OP as wanting to listen to it online. If so, I don't think you can listen to SiriusXM through Dishonline. So that was what I meant by having SiriusXM added, so you could listen online.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm just not seeing in what way a Dish satellite receiver is like an Onkyo or Panasonic audio receiver. And Dish already has alot of music channels available considering it is a television receiver. There's only so much memory available on these receivers, asking for Pandora just seems random. How about being able to listen to online radio stations? Or anything for that matter online? I just don't see a TV satellite receiver needing to do that I guess.

More or improved TV features would make sense. Making the receivers multipurpose may be a nightmare, I don't feel even the apps now are implemented all that well on the Dish receivers. Dish Home interactive is very clunky, and I don't find the interface for downloading on demand to be anything to write home about. I would like to see TV related applications made better first.

The OP mentions using his receiver. I took that to mean he wants to listen using the receiver. But sometimes Juan and i do not communicate well. no knock on you Juan just an observation.

So what did you mean Juan----listening online or using the receiver?

The OP mentions using his receiver. I took that to mean he wants to listen using the receiver. But sometimes Juan and i do not communicate well. no knock on you Juan just an observation.

So what did you mean Juan----listening online or using the receiver?
fios set top box...aka receiver

I took the OP as wanting to listen to it online. If so, I don't think you can listen to SiriusXM through Dishonline. So that was what I meant by having SiriusXM added, so you could listen online.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm just not seeing in what way a Dish satellite receiver is like an Onkyo or Panasonic audio receiver. And Dish already has alot of music channels available considering it is a television receiver. There's only so much memory available on these receivers, asking for Pandora just seems random. How about being able to listen to online radio stations? Or anything for that matter online? I just don't see a TV satellite receiver needing to do that I guess.

More or improved TV features would make sense. Making the receivers multipurpose may be a nightmare, I don't feel even the apps now are implemented all that well on the Dish receivers. Dish Home interactive is very clunky, and I don't find the interface for downloading on demand to be anything to write home about. I would like to see TV related applications made better first.
fios receiver aka cable converter box..by the way..most new TV's have internet connectivity and support netflix,pandora,HULU, slacker and other IP channels

I stream Pandora through my Roku box and it automatically logs into my Pandora account. The nice feature with Pandora on Roku is that the screensaver displays the current CD playing along with the cover art and title.

I stream Pandora through my Roku box and it automatically logs into my Pandora account. The nice feature with Pandora on Roku is that the screensaver displays the current CD playing along with the cover art and title.

That to me is where the Pandora application makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)