Could someone explain "DishPro" to me?

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
:shock: I feel like a real idiot, but I had never heard of the term "DishPro" until several months ago. I've been a loyal Dish customer for three or more years and I have three receivers, including the 6000. I do have some tech savvy in me, but just dont understand what is meant by this "DishPro" lingo. Can someone fill me in?

Stacy

Stacy A said:
:shock: I feel like a real idiot, but I had never heard of the term "DishPro" until several months ago. I've been a loyal Dish customer for three or more years and I have three receivers, including the 6000. I do have some tech savvy in me, but just dont understand what is meant by this "DishPro" lingo. Can someone fill me in?

DishPro is a new (to Dish) method of handling polarity and switching between different satellites. Legacy dish equipment switches between right hand and left hand polarity by switching the voltage to the dish between 14 and 18 volts. DishPro handles polarity by shifting the frequency of one of the polarities to a higher level, then subtracting it back out at the receiver. This way DishPro can have two polarities on one wire at the same time (thus DishPro switches have three inputs for three sats whereas legacy SW64 switches require 6 inputs for three sats). DishPro also uses a special electronic tone to switch between satellites, called DiSEqC switching. :)

--- WCS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)