Could someone explain this to me (Account Charges)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
I gave my small HDTV to my parents to replace their TV that went on the fritz, so now I only have 1 Vip 211, and 1 522. Can someone explain what this ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE is. I called Dish and the billing people told me I am being charged 6.00 for the 211. Is this correct?

1 RECEIVER 5.01
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 6.0
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
HBO 14.99
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0
DISHHD GOLD W/ LOCALS 74.99

psumattDE said:
The CSR was correct on the $6 fee - but if you are in the HD Gold pak, you shouldn't be charged that DVR service fee.
Actually, the DVR fee is only waived in the Platinum and Everything packs.

Aren't they supposed to make the VIP211 the primary so the addl receiver access fee should be for the SD receiver and should be $5.

Jim5506 said:
Aren't they supposed to make the VIP211 the primary so the addl receiver access fee should be for the SD receiver and should be $5.

That is how it was explained to me when I upgraded, but that is not how it was explained to me today.

I'm pis*ed now, it's not the money but the I'll tell you one thing then do the exact opposite.

RobertsD said:
The 211 should be your primary reciever, so your bill should be this:

SD additional reciever fee $5
DVR fee $6

I just got off the phone with Natalie at the Dish Executive Offices. The Additional Receiver Access Fee of 6.00 is a fee that everyone with a Vip series receiver will pay. With the old DHA packages the fee for the primary receiver was bundled into the DHA package. This is not the case anymore, so if the receiver is leased or owned Dish is getting the 6 bucks. At least this is how it was explained to me.

Well 1 receiver is still bundled into the price of DHA, but that's only for those who get their receivers at sign up.

Since you added the 211 that's why you get charged the $6

I dunno what the $5.01 for the 55 is though? I guess you don't have it plugged into a phone line?

BrianMis said:
...This is not the case anymore, so if the receiver is leased or owned Dish is getting the 6 bucks. At least this is how it was explained to me.

Wow! So is there any advantage to owning a 622? Looks like a sub will pay $6 access and $5.98 DVR every month either way, so they'll never recoup the difference between their purchase price and the current $299 promotional price...correct ??

^%$@^%&#^% !!!

Another thing I'm unclear about - the DHPP. How does that help when eq is out of warranty? I don't think I would ever need a service call ($29) to help with any "wiring" issues that I think I can handle myself. So what will the DHPP do for me besides that? Does it cover equipment swap at no cost? (If E* forever owns it, are they always responsible for repair/replacement without DHPP?)

TIA and BRgds...

bhelms said:
Wow! So is there any advantage to owning a 622? Looks like a sub will pay $6 access and $5.98 DVR every month either way, so they'll never recoup the difference between their purchase price and the current $299 promotional price...correct ??
Other then being able to sale it when you are with it, no, there is not much advantage to owning it(IMO).

Not true. You don't get charged $6 just for having a 622, as siad earlier, the charge has it's cases.

Also those who own have the ability to purchase the inflated HD only price package of $29.99

BFG said:
Well 1 receiver is still bundled into the price of DHA, but that's only for those who get their receivers at sign up.

Since you added the 211 that's why you get charged the $6

I dunno what the $5.01 for the 55 is though? I guess you don't have it plugged into a phone line?

I didn't add the 211, it replaced an 811.

The 5.01 is an additional receiver charge for a 522 that I have.

I own my 622 receiver and I do NOT pay for the $6.00 fee. I only pay for my second receiver as an additional receiver fee. IF you lease a 622 or 222 you pay the 6.00 fee even if that is your only receiver is what I have read .

My bill is the following:
Hd platinum pack with locals 104.99
L.A. WB 1.50
additional receiver fee 5.00
DishFlix magazine 1.95
-------------------------------------------------------
$113.44

This 6.00 fee is a load of crap, when I had my 811 and my 522 the fee for the 811 was included in my package and I paid 5.00 for the 522. Now I have to pay 6.00 for my 211 and 5.00 for my 522.

I just went to the www.dishtv.com site and configured a system just like I have now and that 6.00 fee was nowhere to be found. What a load of crap!

Maybe I didn't use the right words to explain to you, but because you did not get the 622 when you signed up under DHA and instead got it through dish'n it up, you have to pay $6 for the receiver. What you should fight for is to the the 522 become your primary receiver because you did get that when you signed up

BFG said:
Maybe I didn't use the right words to explain to you, but because you did not get the 622 when you signed up under DHA and instead got it through dish'n it up, you have to pay $6 for the receiver. What you should fight for is to the the 522 become your primary receiver because you did get that when you signed up

Oh, I got ya now. I guess I'll change my battle plan then, when I talked to Natalie from the CEO office she agreed to wave the 6 dollar fee for 3 months. I've been going back and forth with them for the better part of the afternoon. Thanks for the great idea. :)

I am leasing a 411 and 2 311's and I own one 301. They fee's they are charging me only the 6.00 fee on the 411 and two 5.00 fee's on the two 311's. They aren't charging me anything on the 301 so why are they charging him? Am I missing something here?

BrettTRay said:
I am leasing a 411 and 2 311's and I own one 301. They fee's they are charging me only the 6.00 fee on the 411 and two 5.00 fee's on the two 311's. They aren't charging me anything on the 301 so why are they charging him? Am I missing something here?

Because I'm leasing both receivers, BFG had a great idea I'm changing my battle plan and fighting to have the 5.00 fee removed from the 522.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)