Could someone help with this error

Brian Parks

Original poster
Jan 10, 2021
Concord NC
So I have installed Dish 1000.2. I am getting an error and have made sure my pole is plumb. Get signal and get all the dish advertising but I have something wrong. First of all, I only have 1 cable hooked up on the dish because I was told it had it's on switch. So i get all the dish channels with advertising and some other channels but no normal channels
Screenshot of 2021-01-10.jpg (4096×2304) (1).jpg

I was told it had it's on switch.
I'm going to take a guess and suppose that you have either a Hopper 1 or 2 which has 3 tuners. If you have a Hopper 3 then you have the wrong LNB (it must be hybrid). There is a thing called a "solo node" which takes two cables from your DPP LNB and combines the signal into one coax. Without that solo node, you will only be able to feed 2 of your tuners with a single cable.

Along with what TheKrell mentioned, have you called to activate the Hopper. You have to sub to a package to get the regular channels.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok, so I had this Sat.
Screenshot of dish plus 1000 - Qwant Search.jpg

well, I started having issues with having all the channels except the Sat. Which gives you the ESPN and those channels. So I swapped out DP44 switches and the node and nothing helped it so I purchased the Dish 1000.2 to try and solve the issue. Well, now I don't get any of the channels. I'm am certain it is a hopper 1. I just went out and hooked up the 3 cables to the Sat. and hooked in the DP44 switch and the solo node but now I get one of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly. Normal operation will be adversely affected.

Brian Parks You don't need the 44 switch with a 1000.2 Dish. Just run 2 lines from the Dish (ports 1 and 2) to the solo node, host to Hopper, Client to the Joey.
If you are keeping the switch, you run the 3 lines (2 for Eastern Arc) and port one out to the power inserter, ports 2 and 3 out to the Solo Node

Reactions: charlesrshell
First of all, that is definitely a Hopper 1. If you look at the picture, you can tell that it is still using the old (pre-Carbon) interface. So, the first thing it may need (in order to function properly) is a software download. Of course, it would have to have a satellite signal first, before it could take that download. So, it is kind of a Catch-22 situation. The best bet here may just be to get a replacement Hopper. (Get an upgrade to a newer Hopper while you are at it.)

First of all, that is definitely a Hopper 1. If you look at the picture, you can tell that it is still using the old (pre-Carbon) interface.
I could have sworn the HwS also shipped with the pre-Carbon interface. Is the interface look the only thing you're going on?

I could have sworn the HwS also shipped with the pre-Carbon interface. Is the interface look the only thing you're going on?
Also the fact that it lists the receiver simply as "Hopper" and the picture of the receiver shows the regular Hopper logo (not the Hopper With Sling logo) on the upper-left corner of the receiver.

The only thing that ships with pre-CUI software are Joey 1's, 2's and WiFi Joeys. All the Hoppers have the CUI on them now. I'm more curious as to why this one has never been updated.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
The only thing that ships with pre-CUI software are Joey 1's, 2's and WiFi Joeys. All the Hoppers have the CUI on them now. I'm more curious as to why this one has never been updated.
I was wondering the same thing. In post number 4, the OP went into more detail about having problems receiving the satellite signal from one of the satellites with that old 1000+ dish, which is why the OP tried to switch to the 1000.2 dish. I am thinking maybe one of the LNB's on the old dish went bad quite awhile back, causing the Hopper not to get signal from whichever satellite is used for software downloads. Unfortunately, that creates a problem, as the old software may not be able to recognize the newer equipment properly, even if the equipment is properly installed. (That is probably why they made sure all Hoppers ship with the CUI now.) This is why I suggested a replacement Hopper, just to make sure that the old software is not the issue here.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Brian Parks You don't need the 44 switch with a 1000.2 Dish. Just run 2 lines from the Dish (ports 1 and 2) to the solo node, host to Hopper, Client to the Joey.
If you are keeping the switch, you run the 3 lines (2 for Eastern Arc) and port one out to the power inserter, ports 2 and 3 out to the Solo Node
Yes, this is a Hopper 1. I did this and everything connected like it should I have green checks on everything now. I still don't have any channels other then the standard junk when you don't have a subscription. Its showing 110 at around 73, 119 at around 60ish and 129 seems to be low at around 40. I still should get something on 110 and 119

Yes, this is a Hopper 1. I did this and everything connected like it should I have green checks on everything now. I still don't have any channels other then the standard junk when you don't have a subscription. Its showing 110 at around 73, 119 at around 60ish and 129 seems to be low at around 40. I still should get something on 110 and 119
110 and 129 are slightly low but good enough to get programming. I'd say an upgrade should be on your radar. You don't have the channels because you're so far behind on software updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)