Could sure use some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MSC missionary

Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
AZ desert
Dish Pro receiver VIP211K; DP Plus digital LNBF A21CA2 - WD111FLNZ dish (Oval DishHD with 2 heads joined together and a 3rd head that is seperate.)

Unit was installed by DishTV:
Zip Code 62943
Dish System 300
Transponder 2
Satellite 61.5

We have temporarily relocated to our work on the Arizona desert with the settings:
Zip Code 85321
Dish System 300
Transponder 14
Satellite 61.5
The peak signal I can get is 54, and that won't hold when selecting a tv channel. Much of the time it triggers a Complete Signal Loss.

Is the system really a 300? I see references on the internet that the LNB may be a 500 or even a 1000. If it is, will the VIP211K receiver support a setting change to 500 so I can point to a bird that in more in line with our location?
I am a newbie but we move often between Indian villages so I need to be able to re-position the dish as needed.

DishTV was cooperative but only suggested getting a "Tailgater"...out of the question this year. :confused:

Dish would not install a 211 with a dish 300, because a 211 is an HD receiver and that needs at least 2 satellites to pick up all the channels available. From the description, and the fact that you are trying to pull in 61.5, it's probably a 1000.4 built for Eastern Arc. Eastern Arc is a constellation of satellites parked at geosynchronous orbit at 61.5, 72.7, and 77 deg west longitude. I believe you really need a Western Arc dish for Arizona. But lacking that (or a Tailgater that points itself), you simply need to align your antenna better than you did for Eastern Arc. Unfortunately, Dish receivers don't have a built in way to tell you the az/el for a 1000.x, to facilitate doing this yourself. But, given your zip, I'll look it up for you on DishPointer...

OK, here you go:

Address: 85321
Latitude: 32.3318°
Longitude: -112.5245°
Satellite: Dish 1000.4 (61.5W, 72.7W, 77W)
Elevation: 33.2°
Azimuth (true): 122.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 111.9°
Skew: 44.7

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts