Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Well, the official US launch of HD DVD is expected on April 18. However, Toshiba authorized distibutors are expected to start getting (and shipping!) the first players as early as Tuesday 4/11. The day after tomorrow!!!

The first HD DVD titles may pop up by the end of the week, as early as Thursday-Friday. Some of us can't wait! Are we there yet?!! :D

I'll wait for the format war to end... then I will buy either HD-DVD or BluRay, whichever one wins. I'll let everybody else waste their money on the losing format.

That is what I did in the 80's with VHS and BetaMax.

Jerry

Life is too short! :devil:

Had it not been for a format war, I'd have been an early adopter. But, since the studios and electronics companies couldn't just simply agree on one standard, I'll wait and watch this one from the side-lines.

I'm not going to get burned a second time...

I've got an email from ValueElectronics. Looks like the players and the software will begin shipping on Thursday, April 13.
Bad news: the players are delayed by two more days.
Good news: all five titles are expected on the same day and can be shipped with the player, if you pre-ordered them of course.

I don't remember if they ever promised overnight shipment, but I would definitly upgrade to at least 2nd day, if I were in California. ;)

Just got a word from VE. They have not received the players yet, but they still hope to receive them today, or tomorrow the latest.

I am anxious too but I am opting for the free shipping method. They are in New York and I am a few hours away in Connecticut so I can't imagine it will be more than 2 days shipping. I waited this long, I can wait an extra day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts