Court TV on Ch.204 Gone (Now BACK for AT200 Subs)

Clancy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
I noticed this morning that Ch.204 which has had Court TV is gone from the guide.
Hopefully this is a step towards inserting the Crime and Investigation channel.
It would help defray the new price increases. :up

WHAT??? COURT-TV IS GONE! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! HOW DARE THEY TAKE THIS CHANNEL AWAY WHEN THERE ARE 13 OTHERS THAT SHOW COPS 45 TIMES A DAY! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
oh yeah, I never watched that channel and couldn't care less about it!:D;)

My opening post refers to Ch.204 gone from the guide.
I am aware that Court TV has been gone since the beginning of January.

Congratulations all of you Court TV haters; Uncle Charlie has struck again!Don't smirk too much, because he may be dumping your favorite channel(s) at any time!

Congratulations all of you Court TV haters; Uncle Charlie has struck again!Don't smirk too much, because he may be dumping your favorite channel(s) at any time!

A flip of some switches could just as easily reactive the channel. This may just be the latest in a series of ploys to negotiate. I'm not a fan of Court TV, but can understand what it's like to lose a favorite channel. Hang in there, it may still return in the days to come.

There's been a few, but not many and never a "popular" channel. The latest one is HERE TV which is a PPV channel aimed at the gay/lesbian community. Starz Cinema West was removed to make room for Starz Comedy.

Though CNN International was really never on Dish (it was a part time filler for CNN-FN), they advertised it as a separate channel. When CNN-FN folded, CNN International was never picked up full time. So count that as a "yanked" channel. The howls of discontent still echo today.

A slew of international channels have been removed over time though many more have been added. For Dish Latino the most notable one was Centroamérica TV. There were quite a few disappointed subscribers when that channel was pulled.

I understand your point, but there HAVE been channels pulled from DN.

BTW There is a "new" TEST channel on 204 today.

See ya
Tony

Everybody happy now? I'm glad things got worked out. It doesn't help E* when every other month they have disputes with providers.

"For Dish Latino the most notable one was Centroamérica TV. There were quite a few disappointed subscribers when that channel was pulled."

No kidding! I'm still pist off that the same channel showed up in the Directv lineup.

Court TV is back on channel 204, I guess we can thank Anna Nicole Smith everyone wanted to watch the Court TV coverage of her death, so they put it back quick.

Though CNN International was really never on Dish (it was a part time filler for CNN-FN), they advertised it as a separate channel. When CNN-FN folded, CNN International was never picked up full time. So count that as a "yanked" channel. The howls of discontent still echo today.

Let me take this opportunity to "rehowl" about the loss of CNN-International. We are missing out on one of the most respected international news channels. And yes, its own programs are VERY different from the "dumbed-down" programming from CNN/USA.

If Court TV can come back, why can't CNN-I? While they're at it, add BBC-World!protest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)