Cowboys to name Phillips new head coach

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells ... Cowboys fans have been waiting for the next big name to lead a storied franchise. They might be surprised by the answer.

League and Cowboys sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will be named Dallas' head coach. Phillips traveled from San Diego to Dallas on Wednesday night after being told that he was their choice to replace the now-retired Parcells.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2758164

I guess Wade gets his 5th head coaching job.

He's a wonderful guy...and a great defensive coordinator. I'd like to see him succeed this time. But...something tells me he may not be cut out for head coaching. Lets face it, he had much more to work with in Buffalo and in Denver; and we all know how those gigs worked out.

So, the Bolts have now lost both coordinators since the G.M announced Marty's coming back as a lame duck head coach for next season. Hey, A.J. Smith, I hope you know what you're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)