Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks earlier this week I reported that COX has raised its data rates for his Broadband service here in CT from 4mb/s down and 728k up to 5mb/s down and 2mb/s up.

I also mentioned that they were now offering a 15 Mb/s down 2 mb/s up deal for only $10 more a month.

Well I decided what the hell and ordered the 15 MB/s service. All's that I can say is WOW! Also not mentioned in their offer is when you have the 15 mb/s service you get the complete mcafee security suite FREE plus free wire maintance in your house.

Hows the speeds? Well I have only had it for a few moments, but I have done some speed tests and alls that I can say is WOW!

I ran a few quick speed tests, here are my numbers below.

Thanks Cox!! :)

Attachments

• yippie.jpg
    yippie.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 203
the upload speed is the biggest difference i noticed when going to fios. the upload will help you when you are uploading for this site. i can't wait until i can get the 5 upload speed with fios. props to cox for staying competitive.

Its been a week now and I am happy to report that my connection is still screaming, often testing out at over 17mb!

There are a lot of folks in my area who are also posting the same results.

This is a great buy for the money!

Way better than the crappy ass service we get with Comcast. 4Mb down and 384k up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts