OTHER Cozi TV Ku @ 103W

freddylq

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2016
South Gate
Need some help here with Cozi TV. Used to get it fine....now it comes and goes. When I do get some signal the signal quality is up at 69%. May display briefly with pixelization but then it loses the signal. It's on 12120/H/3000 on 103W. Any ideas what's going on ? I can pick up the other channels on the other transponders on this bird fine.

Nevermind! I fixed it...seems this motor has some slack when falling towards the east. I set the sat location as 103.5 instead of 103....signal quality went up to 72% and Cozi TV is playing fine now. I may do some more fine tuning on it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
When you guys refer to transponders, are they all in the same context of 103W? Also, can the same transponder values exist on different satellites? I noticed when I was trying to manually enter a transponder for AMC21, it said "already exists!" even though I did not see it in my list for that satellite.

When you guys refer to transponders, are they all in the same context of 103W? Also, can the same transponder values exist on different satellites? I noticed when I was trying to manually enter a transponder for AMC21, it said "already exists!" even though I did not see it in my list for that satellite.
All mention of transponders above referred to 103W. The same transponder values can exist on different satellites.

If your receiver says you are entering the same transponder, it means you have already got that transponder programmed for that satellite. Even if you enter a new transponder 1 or 2 MHz different, the receiver may say they are the same.

Reactions: FTA4PA
No luck with the other transponder...It's detected during a blind scan but I don't get any signal. No issue with 12120 though.

That's a bit strange. That means you're not getting NBC West and NBC Mountain channels too which are on 11760. For me, those are the strongest NBC channels. Can you get NBC on 11880 H 30000? If not, it likely means your dish needs to be retouched. You should be able to receive all on a 90-cm dish.

I wonder if you have some local noise that is reducing C/N at the lower frequencies but allowing 12120 to be detected.

Reactions: FTA4PA
That's a bit strange. That means you're not getting NBC West and NBC Mountain channels too which are on 11760. For me, those are the strongest NBC channels. Can you get NBC on 11880 H 30000? If not, it likely means your dish needs to be retouched. You should be able to receive all on a 90-cm dish.

I wonder if you have some local noise that is reducing C/N at the lower frequencies but allowing 12120 to be detected.
Nothing on those two other trans. I used to be able to get them...I'll do some more tweaking tonight which I had done to be able to get a good signal for Cozi on 12120.

I have a dedicated 75cm dish on 103W, am getting 12120 better than 11760 and not getting 11880 at all

After a couple of days of trying all of a sudden it's fine! It's not raining anymore, could that have been it ? Signal Quality 69-72%. :happydance

Could be. The 11760, 11880, 12080 transponders on 103W are the first to disappear for me when it rains. Using the 1.2m dish, the signals return fairly quickly when the rain stops.
I was finally able to pick up 11760 today with no rain. Though the signal quality is 69% compared to 72% on 12120.

I spoke to soon. Having issues with 11760 again....I'm going to switch out the LNBF and see if that makes any difference. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)