COZI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tunacaptain

Original poster
Jul 31, 2022
Brockville Ontario
After a few years absence I am back to Ku FTA using a 1.9 meter dish and Amiko mini receiver. Of course, the channel I am most interested is the hardest to receive COZI on SES 3 103W.
The COZI signal is all over the map from non-existent to pixelated to (very rarely) perfect.
Looking over previous threads it seems some of the variability is atmospheric. Improving at night. Yesterday, was unique, however. The channel I normally received ‘COZI TV’ was non existent while the ‘COZI TV Ku’ channel which is normally dormant was blasting in. Today the situation was reversed with COZI TV coming in well and COZI TV Ku gone.

How much of this is atmospheric and how much is the providers juggling the signals? Any opinions?

I thought COZI was scrambled along with the NBC feeds on both C and Ku.

COZI isn't scrambled on either of the muxes on 103W Ku.

I haven't noticed any signal variance with COZI on 11760, it is at its usual strength, perhaps you dish is slightly out alignment (doesn't take much with these signals on this satellite). As far as 12120, it is the same as you, sometimes there, but most times not. I have noticed that I seem to get it more on the weekends than during the week.

I am using an LNB about two to three degrees off-centre on an 80cm dish. Though I am in a slightly stronger EIRP region (50 vs. your 48), your 1.9 dish shouldn't be having that much of a problem with 11760. Slight tweak of the dish (using 11760 to zero in on) should help.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts