crackling & poping in sound

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
One of my 722K's started outputting sound with crackling & popping. When this happens you also see a short thin horizontal line in the picture. Since this 722k is also connected via A/V cables to a DVD burner I switch to it and the problem was gone. So it was coming in over the HDMI output. I checked other HDMI inputs of the TV and no problem. I did a hard reset of the receiver and that fixed the problem! What I want to know is can anyone explain what causes this kind of problem with the HDMI output of the 722K. I'm just curious about it.
Michael

Bobby
The problem was resolved by a hard reset, and has not returned since the posting. Wouldn't that tell you the cable is OK?
Michael

A whole team of engineers likely couldn't tell you what caused the problem.Like with most computers, software and repair issues most of the time we only can tell you how to correct the problem. With reboots,resets and the like and no obvious hardware problems I guess its just a glitch. Thats why we start off with the reboot and go from there in alot of cases.

In my understanding a "Glitch" = a software "Bug" or error in the code. It seems to me that nearly all software has "Bugs". Companies don't want to spend the $$ to find and fix them. So we are left with equipment that "crashes". It has become so common with software controlled devices that people think it's normal. Reminds me of the history of surgery. In the early days of surgery, infection was so common (germ theory of disease was not known) it was thought to be normal. In the rare occurrence that a surgical wound was healing without infection, doctors would disrupt the wound so it would become infected. Today, we know better! When will software engineers also know better? In the "Terminator" series of movies, I keep thinking the scenario of "SkyNet" couldn't happen because "SkyNet" would crash, who would reboot it?
Michael

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts