credit history

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
I have been turned down for dish network's digital home advantage due to the fact I have no credit history. The only way I could get dish would be to pay $399 for the equipment. I think thats way too much plus no free movie channel for 3 months and no $10 off for $10 months. I was wondering if anyone knew a quick way to build a credit history good enough to be approved for dish network's Digital Home Advantage promotion? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

my family suggested to get a credit card and pay or buy everything with it. and i mean everything! and nothing more than you can payoff completely at the end of the month every month. if you don't cheat this you will have excellent credit and nothing to owe. good luck!

my utilities are in my name and have been since I got married 3 years ago. I have been turned down for every credit card I have applied for. The credit card companies just say I have no credit history and they can't approve me.

Something fishy there! Do we know the whole story? (High debt, bankruptcy, etc.?)

Even folks with extremely BAD credit can get credit cards. Usually they have to be secured by some savings or investment account balance and they will have low limits and high interest rates, but at least they are available! Where there's a will there's a way - you haven't been looking in the right places.

Nothing fishy, I promise. I am just 23 years old and have never filed bankruptcy. The only credit I have ever had is with the electric company, phone company, and similar. I have never paid any of these bills even 1 day late. So I really must just be looking in bad places. Thanks very much for your responses.

Orchard bank will give you a VISA card with a credit limit equal to the amount of money you deposit into a savings account with them. As your payment history with grows they will increase your credit line without additional deposits until your history is good enough to not have a secured card.

Catch 22 - You can not get credit until you have credit.

A couple of ways to start:

I'm sure Captial One is dying to give you credit, don't charge what you can not pay, and watch the 10 - 15 offers from them that you will start to get in the mail each week.

Maybe a department store charge card, like Sears, then Sears will offer you either a Discover Card or Sears Master Card, or maybe both.

Then they have these cards that you put money down first, then you can use it until you get low and/or add more money to it.

I'm not really familiar with the deal you were trying to get from Dish, but you may have some other choices, including you can elect to boycot them completely.

-- Maybe buy a 311 or 322 receiver from Radio Shack.
-- Order another receiver from Radio Shack, online, or a local retailer.
-- Then call dish and order programming for it. It seems like they would turn it on, since they could turn it off at any time. They might ask for payment first.
-- Pay up front, even if its sending them a check in advance.

On the discount, I believe there is a form you can download and send it in with your first bill, or a online print out of your bill, to get a $100 rebate. Again, there are certain requirements to meet on who qualifies for the various rebates.

Yeah, something else is going on here. Anybody can get a credit card. Have you gotten your credit report to take a look at what is on there? I think that should be your next step. It is free, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and take a look. Also you say you are married. What about your wife's credit?

My Dad deals with credit bureaus for a living and he was telling me that I can benefit from his good credit if and when I need it by having him add me to some of his accounts. Get someone with good credit to make you an "authorized user" on one of their credit cards and you will reap the benefits of their good habits.

I'm not sure that's true. I don't think that "authorized users" get reported to the credit bureau (good or bad).

snailbiscuit said:
my utilities are in my name and have been since I got married 3 years ago. I have been turned down for every credit card I have applied for. The credit card companies just say I have no credit history and they can't approve me.

If you were married (I assume you are still married now - I know in this wonderful land that may be a big stretch), then have you tried seeing if you spouse can qualify?

Additionally, did you change your name when you got married? Maybe it isn't so much that you don't have a credit history as it is you don't have a history, meaning they can't verify that you exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts