Cricket PPV on multiple receivers

khan8037

Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I know in the past Dish Network has had a policy of not activating Cricket PPV events on multiple receivers. Is this still in effect? I have 2 receivers at my house in different rooms and would really like the upcoming Cricket World Cup to be available on both (bedroom and living room).

If I wanted to watch the event on both TVs would I have to buy the event twice? Or is there some sort of tierred plan for multiple receivers. I will be calling dish to purchase the event in the next couple of days and it would be nice if I was armed with some more information.

Even though it says I can order online, it never lets me do it. All it says is "No more showings available" or sometihing like that. I do order cricket frequently and 99% of the time I have to go through a CSR.

BTW, I really don't think ordering online will automatically activate the PPV event on both receivers.

When you call on the phone or order on the web the show is available to all receivers on your account.

If you order with your remote it activates only the receiver you ordered it through

Hmm... Thanks for the info. I will check when I go home if the last Cricket purchase I made about a month ago over the phone was available on both my receivers. My initial guess is that it was not.

I know Dish had a policy of only activating the primary reciever on the account. Has this changed recently and I was just not aware of it?

Last time I ordered on the web, it was activated only on my primary receiver. When I called in, I was told that no matter how you order, PPV events are activated only on 1 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts