Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
It seems that a majority of TV shows involve crime:

- Detective shows
- Forensics shows
- Lawyer shows
- Cop shows
- Mafia shows

and then when you get to Documentary channels like Discovery and National Geographic, they are filled with documentaries about crimes and criminals.

Isn't there anything else that writers can come up with ?

Sure theres alot that writers can come up with but its what the public demands and for the last 25 years or so crime has been a big draw for the masses specialy as real crime has become more violent and shocking and can be quickly brought to you by any number of sources live. Crime is one of those things that is like a car wreck on the freeway, everyone has to stop and gawk, its something that you just cant turn away from because its not a part of your typical day much like say seeing a 300lb man impersonating Lizza. My wife loves Forensic files and cold case files, really anything on Court Tv gets her thumbs up, she also watches Explorer Investigates whenever Lisa Ling or what ever her name is does a docu on prison life and gangs like MS13. And I have to admit that I like some of them such as CSI and Bones but I do prefer to some extent the docu's on Discovery and TLC but National Geo has been coming up with some great ones to such as the ones about tattoo's in the criminal world wich was ontoday and had a segment about Russian criminals and the dark roles that tattoo's play within the criminal system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)