Criminal Minds News and Links

Criminal Minds: Paget Brewster Set for Springtime Encore as Prentiss http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/criminal-minds-paget-brewster-returns-prentiss-season-11/
Paget Brewster is returning to Criminal Minds to help the BAU catch an international killer.
TVLine has learned that the CBS crime drama’s former series regular will guest-star in a springtime Season 11 episode when BAU team member-turned-Interpol Agent Emily Prentiss enlists her Stateside friends to track an elusive serial killer, convinced that his next victim will be on American soil.Now starring opposite John Stamos on Fox’s freshman comedy Grandfathered, Brewster wrapped her full-time Criminal Minds run at the close of Season 7, then popped up in the middle of Season 9 for the drama’s 200th episode. She also was courted last summer to come back and help fill maternity leave-bound cast member A.J. Cook’s vacancy, but Grandfathered being ordered to series created a scheduling conflict. “It just didn’t work out, which was a shame,” she told TVLine at the time. “I really wanted to do it!”

Paget Brewster Is Returning to Criminal Minds http://www.tvguide.com/news/paget-b...=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&FTAG=YHF09b6e7d
This will be the second time Brewster has returned to Criminal Minds since she left the show at the end of Season 7, with Prentiss taking the Interpol job in London. She previously came back for the 200th episode in 2014. Executive producer Erica Messertold TVGuide.com earlier this season that she was hoping for the Grandfathered star to visit again soon.

[WATCH] 'Criminal Minds' Sneak Peek: Can Morgan's Father Help Him Survive His Abduction? http://www.buddytv.com/articles/criminal-minds/watch-criminal-minds-sneak-pee-59063.aspx
"Derek" is going to be a big Criminal Minds episode for Morgan. After all, what could possibly bring his father (played by Danny Glover) into his life considering he's dead?The end of the last episode saw Morgan abducted on his way home while on the phone with Savannah, and in this episode, the BAU scrambles to find him and save his life.As should have been expected, the BAU's takedown of the network of hitmen has ticked off some people. "When you see Derek in this episode in the opening, he's become a hostage," Moore explains. "They want to teach him a lesson and make him pay a price."As revealed in one of the sneak peeks, Morgan goes into his "dream land, his fantasy world, his safe place" to deal with what's happening to him, but he keeps seeing someone there: his father, who will be there to help him through this physical and emotional crisis. His father is "going to make Derek face himself, see himself," Moore teases. "'If you're weak, you will lose. You have to overcome every fear, and you have to find that strength you're capable of.'" Criminal Minds - Derek (Preview) Criminal Minds - Derek (Sneak Peek 1) Criminal Minds - Derek (Sneak Peek 2) Criminal Minds - Derek (Sneak Peek 3) Criminal Minds - Derek (Behind the Scenes)

Danny Glover co-stars in Morgan's memory http://news.yahoo.com/criminal-minds-fan-recap-danny-060908670.html
Last week’s Criminal Minds ended on one hell of a cliffhanger. After a ho-hum case, Morgan found himself broken and battered outside a grocery store. With rumors of a leaving cast member swirling in the back of our minds, we had to wait one whole week for the conclusion. With a standout guest star and some heart-pounding action, episode 16 was one for the ages. It also means the Criminal Minds world may never be the same.After the obligatory flashback from last week’s show, we open with Morgan’s attackers bringing a wooden box into a run-down room. When they unpack the box, we find Morgan tied to a portable cross. The bad guys are amazed at how calm he seems. It looks like Morgan is practicing disassociation, a survival technique designed to keep the mind focused on anything but the terror at hand. In short, he’s being a badass.

Previewing "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'"
Fans of 'Criminal Minds' may see new settings in "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders." But they'll still find the storytelling style that's made the original series a hit. Nick Dietz has a look at the new show.

Criminal Minds Beyond Borders Review: CBS' Spinoff Is More Of The Same In A Good Way http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ew-CBS-Spinoff-More-Same-Good-Way-125037.html
Those characters include Clara (Alana De La Garza). She’s a clever and worldly profiler with impressive language skills and street smarts, but she’s been out of the game for awhile and is having trouble coping with how much destruction and loss there can be with the job. Beyond her, the team also features members with complicated medical knowledge (Mae), extreme athletic ability (Matthew) and computer science brilliance (Russ). Honestly, they all seem fine enough right now, but without at least a half season of character development, it’s impossible to know whether a team member will be added or removed in order to find the right chemistry, which is ultimately the single most important goal Beyond Borders needs to have. Criminal Minds is quietly one of the most profitable and consistent shows on television. The audience and fan support is there to grow another series. Everyone involved knows another show can and should work, but its ultimate success or failure will depend on whether or not fans embrace the new team. It’s not any one character Beyond Borders needs to find. It’s that hard to quantify mix of personalities that just clicks. I think Beyond Borders has the groundwork in place. I think this spinoff can and should work, but the first episode isn’t quite there. The personalities need a little more time to marinate, but considering it knows what it is and has brought along quality actors, there’s no reason to think it won’t get there.

‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders’ Clocks Credible Launch http://deadline.com/2016/03/criminal-minds-beyond-borders-premiere-wins-timeslot-ratings-1201721954/
Premiere of Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders brought solid starting stats to CBS Wednesday at 10 PM, retaining 84% of its mothership show’s demo leadin, and 90% of its total haul, while fading 0.2 rating point from first half-hour to second.Meanwhile, ABC’s Modern Family celebrated its sixth consecutive first run telecast as Wednesday’s No. 1 show in the demo, as the network’s comedy block returned to all originals, for the first time in three weeks.The night, which CBS took in both the demo and overall audience, started with Survivor winning the 8 PM hour (2.1, 9.4M viewers) and one of few programs this week to survive Daylight Savings Switch un-dinged, week to week. ABC’s comedies The Middle (1.7, 7.1M) and The Goldberg’s (1.9, 6.7M) followed, and NBC’s rebroadcast of Law & Order: SVU (0.9, 4.6M) tied Fox’s original Rosewood in the demo while topping in total viewers (4.6M vs. 3.7M).At 9 PM, CBS’s Criminal Minds was the night’s most watched program overall, but fell short of ABC’s comedies in the demo, thanks mostly to Modern Family (2.5/8.1M) which thumped the first half hour of CM. A second L&O: SVU repeat, in the show’s regular timeslot (0.9, 4.2M) finished a distant third.At 10 PM, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders won its time period in viewers (8.7M), adults 18-49 (1.6) and adults 25-54 (2.3), basking in the repeat-ed-ness of NBC’s Chicago P.D. (0.8, 4M). ABC’s DVR darling Nashville returned from a three-month break with Live + Same Day gains over its mid-season finale way back on December 9. That includes total viewers (5% – 4.3 million vs. 4.1 million) and the demo (13% – 0.9 vs. 0.8). And yet, Chicago P.D.’s repeat came within 0.1 of a point of Nashville in the hour in the demo. But, Nashville is the night’s top gainer this season from L+SD to L+7, on jumping an average of 82% in the demo.

Criminal Minds' Kirsten Vangsness on Writing Derek Cliffhanger Resolution, Delivering 'Copious Amounts of Tears' https://www.yahoo.com/tv/criminal-minds-kirsten-vangsness-writing-212251197.html
Life has not been easy for Criminal Minds‘ Derek Morgan. Just weeks ago, he was mysteriously abducted. And after barely enduring that ordeal, when last we tuned in someone had the BAU agent in his crosshairs, before a shot rang out. Series regular Kirsten Vangsness, who last season had a hand in revisiting an old case of former team member Jason Gideon’s, co-wrote this Wednesday’s resolution to that cliffhanger (CBS, 9/8), which was directed by costar Matthew Gray Gubler and will answer some burning questions (as well as deliver some very personal drama).

Shemar Moore on His Criminal Minds Exit: "I'm Proud of the Way Things Ended for Derek Morgan" http://www.tvguide.com/news/shemar-...=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&FTAG=YHF09b6e7d
[Warning: The following story contains spoilers about Wednesday's episode of Criminal Minds. Read at your own risk.]That sound you hear is baby girls crying everywhere.After 11 years and (probably) 103 broken doors and 214 tackles, Shemar Moore exited Criminal Minds on Wednesday's episode.Directed Moore's "little brother" Matthew Gray Gubler, and written by his "baby girl" Kirsten Vangsness and showrunner Erica Messer, the episode quickly reveals the aftermath of last week's shooting: Morgan's (Moore) pregnant wife Savannah (Rochelle Aytes) was shot, but she and their baby survive. It's all hands on deck once again to catch the unsub -- Chazz Montolo (Lance Henriksen), the father of Dirty Dozen hit man Giuseppe Montolo -- minus one. Hotch (Thomas Gibson) removes Morgan from the case because it's too personal and he doesn't want Morgan's family to suffer the same fate his did after his tango with The Reaper (RIP Haley). Obviously, that doesn't sit well with Morgan. But after getting some hints from Reid (Gubler) and an actual message from Montolo from JJ (A.J. Cook), who doesn't agree with Hotch's call, Morgan goes rogue and heads to one of his renovated houses (callback!), where he finds Montolo, who (wrongly) believes Morgan killed his son earlier this season.Montolo sadistically holds Morgan at gunpoint with only two bullets loaded. "If this is how it ends, it's meant to be," he tearfully tells the BAU over the phone as Montolo clicks through the empty chambers. "Promise me you'll look after Savannah and my baby." But he tackles Montolo and refuses to shoot him unarmed despite Montolo's taunts. After the BAU busts in and arrests Montolo, Morgan makes it back to the hospital in time for the birth of his son, Hank Spencer (!) Morgan. "Hotch, I get it," he says. "I never knew that 6 pounds, 1 ounce could knock me out."As Morgan takes stock of the highs (marriage, baby) and lows (oh, you know, being kidnapped, tortured and burned) of the past six months, and his new priorities, everyone knows what's coming, even though it's never explicitly said. "I don't want you to stay," Reid says. "Because I know why you're leaving and I couldn't be happier for you." And so, after some emotional, heartfelt "this isn't goodbye" goodbyes with everyone -- "You will always be my original baby girl," he tells Garcia (Vangsness) -- Morgan leaves behind his BAU family for his new real one.TVGuide.com chatted with Moore about his exit, why this episode is his proudest moment on the show, the birth of "baby girl" and more.

Fans React to Losing Shemar Moore on 'Criminal Minds' https://gma.yahoo.com/fans-react-lo...-minds-165601662--abc-news-entertainment.html
Shemar Moore made his final appearance on "Criminal Minds" Wednesday night, and many of his female fans are heartbroken.The 45-year-old actor played headstrong FBI Special Agent Derek Morgan -- famous for his catchphrase "baby girl" -- on all 11 seasons of the popular crime drama. The show handled his departure with a three-episode arc, which concluded Wednesday with Morgan leaving the bureau to focus on his family.In real life, Moore, who came to "Criminal Minds" after 11 years on "Young and the Restless," is off to "leap" at "new things," as he told executive producer Erica Messer."For those reasons, we have nothing but love and respect for him and his choice. But it doesn’t mean we can’t also be really, really sad," Messer said in a statement addressing Moore's departure.

Criminal Minds Boss on 's Exit, Who's Hit Hardest and Filling the Void https://www.yahoo.com/tv/criminal-minds-boss-spoiler-exit-185620533.html
In the wake of this week’s monumental episode of CBS’ Criminal Minds, you’ve got questions (that perhaps were not already answered here), and TVLine has rounded up answers.Just hours after Derek Morgan bid a heartfelt adieu to his fellow BAU team members, I spoke with series boss Erica Messer about orchestrating original cast member Shemar Moore‘s exit, which character will be hit hardest by Derek’s absence and who might ultimately fill that vacancy on the team (and when).

Shemar Moore makes Criminal Minds decision that changes the show forever http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1116883/why-shemar-moore-is-leaving-criminal-minds
"I need balance in my life,” Moore told TVLine. "I love what I do for a living, I love it from 'action' to 'cut', but I also want to walk my dogs, travel, get married, have kids. I want balance, and it’s hard to do with the schedule that we have."Moore shared his support for the Criminal Minds family he's leaving behind, including those behind the camera. "I'm proud of Joe Mantegna, Thomas Gibson, Matthew [Gray Gubler], Kirsten [Vangsness]… because not only did we bust our ass and defy the odds and create a hit show together, everything we did was together,” he said.So after 11 years as Derek Morgan, what's next for Moore? Drawing on inspiration from his castmates, he may be looking to direct or write while continuing to grow as an actor. "I didn’t direct, I didn’t write, but I grew, and I’m leaving because I want to continue to grow as an actor,” says Moore. "I’m leaving to see what else I’m capable of."

Last edited by a moderator:
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders Casts ER Alum as Jack Garrett's Wife http://www.tvguide.com/news/crimina...=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&FTAG=YHF09b6e7d
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders viewers will get to meet Jack Garrett's (Gary Sinise) wife soon - and her face may be familiar.ER alum Sherry Stringfield has joined the CBS show as Karen Garrett, Jack's wife and mom to the couple's five kids, TVLine reports. Her face will be easily recognizable to fans of CBS shows, as she's done stints on CSI and Under the Dome. She'll make her debut in May and is likely to return next season if the show is renewed.How are you liking Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders?

How Emily Prentiss' Criminal Minds Return Will Address The Derek Morgan Situation http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...rn-Address-Derek-Morgan-Situation-127487.html
Criminal Minds spoilers are below, guys.Criminal Minds has gone through a lot of changes over its eleven seasons on CBS, and one of the biggest happened only last week when Shemar Moore ended his run as Agent Derek Morgan. Morgan was such a fixture on Criminal Minds that it’s difficult to imagine the show without him. Luckily, the hit drama is bringing back a familiar face by reuniting Emily Prentiss with her former unit, and according to showrunner Erica Messer, Prentiss is the perfect character to kick off the recovery period for these characters who have just said goodbye to Morgan.She’s sort of delicate about it at first, but then it becomes the ‘elephant in the room’ that they talk about. She can look at it from what Morgan must be feeling right now, because she was once Morgan. She decided to walk away, so she knows what that is. We tried to bring all of that to life. By the end of the episode, it’s a lovely look at ‘Here’s what happens when an old friend comes back.’ It’s laughs and a lot of love.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Criminal Minds Finale Means Trouble For One Major Character http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...Means-Trouble-One-Major-Character-132077.html
Criminal Minds is always a pretty tumultuous series, filled with some of the worst criminals in TV history and featuring plenty of victims who don’t make it to the end of the episodes. However, Season 11 has been particularly rough on our band of heroes, as we saw Spencer Reid get held up by a date and saw Derek Morgan get kidnapped and shot before ultimately leaving the BAU. Season 11 has been relentless on the main characters and the finale doesn’t look as if it will slow up at all. Here’s what the official logline for the final episode this spring looks like:
The BAU is shocked when SWAT apprehends Hotch (Thomas Gibson) and accuses him of conspiracy. As the team scrambles to prove his innocence, they suspect a larger plot is on the horizon. Guest stars include Frances Fisher as convicted serial killer Antonia Slade, and Sheryl Lee Ralph as Rossi’s ex-wife, Hayden Montgomery.

'Criminal Minds' A Serial Killer Has a Message for Hotch http://www.buddytv.com/articles/criminal-minds/criminal-minds-recap-a-serial-59688.aspx
Criminal Minds is loving the "To Be Continued..." this season, and what better time to use it than in the penultimate episode of the season, "Devil's Backbone." In the team's final case before the season finale, the profilers must rely on information from a notorious serial killer in prison whose group is likely the UnSub holding two boys captive for two years.When clothing confirmed to belong to the boys is sent to Antonia Slade (guest star Frances Fisher) in prison, the BAU is brought in to find out what she knows. But to do so, they may have to make a deal with a devilish character -- one that, given the events of the hour and that "To Be Continued..." may come back to haunt them.