This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Criminal Minds

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
This season kicks-off without Prentiss, who left to pursue other growth opportunities. Anyway, I've posted a couple interesting articles about the upcoming season (spoilers) as well as Nancy...er, I mean Mandy Patinkin's regrets about choosing to do Criminal Minds in the first place. IMO, apparently he does not understand the concept of "acting" and that no human beings nor animal were harmed in the making of this show.

Criminal Minds' Season 8 Spoilers: Rossi's Military Past and JJ Undercover

Criminal Minds season 8 premieres next week with "The Silencer," which will be the episode that introduces a trademark of a killer that will appear again by another recurring unsub. Besides that recurring unsub, there will also be episodes that explore more about two characters, one by exploring his past and the other in a dangerous situation.....

Mandy Patinkin on 'Criminal Minds': 'I never thought they were going to kill and rape all these women every night'

Homeland star Mandy Patinkin’s biggest career regret? Appearing on CBS’s Criminal Minds for two seasons, from 2005-2007, before his abrupt departure.

“The biggest public mistake I ever made was that I chose to do Criminal Minds in the first place,” the actor told New York magazine. “I thought it was something very different. I never thought they were going to kill and rape all these women every night, every day, week after week, year after year. It was very destructive to my soul and my personality. After that, I didn’t think I would get to work in television again.”

While his current project, Homeland, is quite violent as well, Patinkin tells New York he sees the two shows differently. “I’m not making a judgment on the taste [of people who watch crime procedurals],” he says. “But I’m concerned about the effect it has. Audiences all over the world use this programming as their bedtime story. This isn’t what you need to be dreaming about. A show like Homeland is the antidote. It asks why there’s a need for violence in the first place.”

UPDATE: Below is a statement released to EW from Criminal Minds‘ executive producer, Erica Messer: “Criminal Minds is about the heroes who protect men, women and children everyday. Mandy is an outstanding actor and we wish him continued success with Homeland.”

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll be watching Homeland next season - it's too violent and disturbing, and I am unable to separate fiction from reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Silencer: Wednesday, 26 Sept 2012 (9:00 PM ET)

"The BAU investigates when a prisoner escapes and starts leaving behind victims with his unique trademark; the team gets to know its newest member."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2284830/

Looking forward to meeting the new member of the BAU and being introduced to this year's BAU antagonist.

[MARQ]* * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * * Season Premiere * * *[/MARQ]

Yeah, he sure did. I cannot remember anything he was ever in that he was still around a couple seasons later. Kinda like 'one and done' or in his case, "two and through"!

Unfortunately, I thought he was masterful in his role of Jason Gideon. I can certainly understand him having personal regrets about doing the show...but you accepted the paychecks so you keep your mouth shut and move on to other pursuits. What did he think a show called Criminal Minds was about...Enron, Worldcom and Tyco investigations? Way to piss in everyone's Wheaties there Mandy!

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss Paget Brewster!

Just caught the show...enjoyed the episode, and really missed the show during it's summer hiatus. Anyway, we have a new psycho-serial killer with an alias. Yes, John Doe is The Silencer...and he's pretty creepy. But just how creepy can a mute be? You gotta love a serial killer like Hannibal Lechter whose witty psycho-babble make for a really interesting story. A mute? No so much. We also have a new member of the BAU who came aboard to replace Prentiss. First impression? I am having trouble warming up to her. She's too much like Hotch for my liking...not that I don't like Hotch, just that we don't need both a Male and Female version on the show. Eh, maybe I'll learn to like her during the season.

I did not like her much either. I'm sure as the team gets to know her and accept her, I will start to like her. However, superficially, I hope they find her another hair stylist, because her hair was driving me nuts last night. It just looked weird.

So, who is the creepy photographer?

It's like you're reading my mind about her hair. It's 35-years out of date or a popular style of women who frequently wear sweats. Perhaps it's keeps it that way for a purpose; maybe so we immediately dislike her and they warm up to her as they soften her around the ends...split ends from where I sit.

Well, I'm watching Law & Order: SVU right now and noticed Paget Brewster played a guest role of Paula Foster. It was a bit odd not having her on Criminal Minds, and ever more odd seeing her on SVU. I thought she left the show to pursue her own series? I sure hope her decision to leave the show wasn't a poor career choice.

[QUOTE=tigerprowler;2981645 However, superficially, I hope they find her another hair stylist, because her hair was driving me nuts last night. It just looked weird.

LOL I was thinking the same thing, I was like you're a profesional brush your hair!

I was avoiding this thread because I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but no one has commented. Has anyone else watched it? I just started.

Yeah, it was just ok. Kinda disappointed which is sad.

So far I have not been drawn into this season like in years past. Perhaps its just that I have been extremely busy at work? Regardless, I stopped watching CSI and CSI: NY after the season premiere because these shows no longer interested me - yep, I after 10-12 years of watching I suddenly lost interest. I hope this isn't happening with Criminal Minds, but I must admit that it is no longer my top show...maybe not even top 5.