Critical Update Message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coozieman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Tonawanda NY
I did not receive the 4.01 update last week but on Saturday night at 10:30 I received a message, one I've never seen before, that simply stated " Critical Update Needed - do you wish to continue?" Of course my wife was in control of the remote and promptly selected no. I did a manual update a few minutes later but didn't see any changes made and still have version 3.66.

My updates are set for 3:00 A.M. so not quite sure what this was. Could it have been an attempt to push out the 4.01 update?

Thanks for any input....

Nope, totally unrelated. That message was one of the problems in 3.66 and problems with the Dish on Demand programs.

I did not receive the 4.01 update last week but on Saturday night at 10:30 I received a message, one I've never seen before, that simply stated " Critical Update Needed - do you wish to continue?" Of course my wife was in control of the remote and promptly selected no. I did a manual update a few minutes later but didn't see any changes made and still have version 3.66.

My updates are set for 3:00 A.M. so not quite sure what this was. Could it have been an attempt to push out the 4.01 update?

Thanks for any input....
I have a 311 and would like to know how to set the update time?

There is no "update time" on the 311 or other non-dvr receivers. It will download guide whenever it needs to, and check for new software anytime it's powered "off".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)