Crooks already offering DTV Coupons for sale....

Yhe d has already been taken down but in spite of the measures you mention I do not think that anytning prevents a person from selling or giving away a coupon. Am I incorrect/

If you're giving away a coupon, give it to someone who won't sell it. If you're selling something that was given to you based on your representation of need, shame on you.

Any time that something that is prohibited to be sold by law is offered for sale is a criminal offense.

Giving them away, hoiwever, is not breaking the law, even the rules say that they cannot be transferred.

Whether if there is monetary gain or not is the test of a prosecutable criminal offense, since possession is not against the law.

It's like selling food satmps or credit vouchers issued by FEMA after hurricaine Katrina. That is illegal.

I take back my original comment. The Coupons do state that they cannot be sold. I do not however know of anyone asking for ID when a couipon is presented----perhaps they should but I have not heard of that. that would mean that there is no way for authorities to trace any sales.

Still if that statement is on the coupon itself I can see why Craiglist removed the ad. In my case I intend to use both coupons myself and use one and donate the other to a charity.

BTW I made no representation of "need' when I applied. I simply provided them with my address and stated that I was satellite or cable customer. To be honest I have a hard time calling TV a "need. " But since both of the uses I will put the boxes too are specifically mentione din the regualtions i don't have a problem with either use.

I'm wondering why anybody would pay money for something that is free, but I guess as Mr Barnum, or was it Mr. Bailey that said "there's a fool born every minute"?

I got mine in the mail the other day. It is not actually a coupon. It looks like a credit card. I had to swipe it in the checkout at Walmart and also sign just like a credit card. The only box they had at Walmart was made by Magnavox and cost $49.97 so I actually had to pay $10 out of pocket to get it. On the receipt it said in bold letters "VOUCHER CARD USED".

That Magnavox STB unit doesn't have control buttons on the box, so if you lose the remote or the remote fails, you're potentially hosed unless one of those universal remotes will work. That's why I'm going with a unit that has some control buttons on the box as well as a remote.

As far as having an S-video output, I think you'll be fortunate to find one that has it. My eyes can't tell much difference between composite video and S-video, so IMO an S-video output isn't needed at least for me.

Wellmaybe someonewants THREE COUPONS?

Maybe, but there are ways around that. Find a friend or neighbor who only has one TV or only has HDTV and doesn't need the STB and order two for them, then arrange for the pickup at the friends house. Like I said, why would any nut pay for something that is free? Maybe because they're NUTS?:D

I am not advocating doing anything illegal. I was simply responding toa question as to why anyone would buy these on E bay.

I am not advocating doing anything illegal. I was simply responding toa question as to why anyone would buy these on E bay.

I know. Neither do I advocate doing illegal stuff. It just seems just plain dumb for anyone to do it. Some people will sell anything and some people will buy anything I suppose.

zenithtv=Lg Crap made in Mexico, China or Korea

Its funny I remember when Zenith telvisions sets were the best and were made up the road in Melrose Park , Il then Zenith Picked up and went to Reynosa Mexico:mad::mad: That was a sad day!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts