Crossing my fingers for INHD on E* . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Airblair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
First thread started here, so I'm ignorant of how big a sin it might be to link to "the other satellite site". But here goes: InDemand in talks with DirecTV, Dish

InDemand, cable's pay-per-view programming provider, said it
has initiated settlement discussions with DirecTV and EchoStar,
and is hoping to reach an agreement concerning the satellite TV
companies' complaints about access to its high-def programming
slate.

Both DBS services have been vocal at the Federal Communications
Commission and elsewhere concerning access to In Demand's INHD
product. InDemand disclosed in a FCC filing last week that it's holding
discussions with DirecTV and EchoStar concerning its high-def content.

But that didn't stop InDemand from defending its practices for
distributing INHD.

More content is never a bad thing . . .

yup, hopefully these new talks or whatever they are do help in the movement for INHD on satellite.

I may be in the minority here but when I was trying Comcast I liked the programming on the two InHD channels better then HDNet. I hope D* (and E*) can get them eventually.

i agree with you that inhd is better than hdnet. when i went back to cable, i could not believe some of the stuff i had been missing.

I have heard through the grapevine that Dish has been talking to Indemand and Sirius to bring Howard Stern the daily PPV show to Dish Network, so if this is true then this news would make sense.

I hope it happens.

I wish Rainbow Media would just combine all the VOOM channels into 4 or 5 channels and that would be easier to get new content for just thoses channels.

INHD channels are great, and would love to get them on Dish, but it will not be the same has cable, because I have a feeling all sports will be blackout and local teams on INHD like cable aint happening.

Hdnet needs some more content, I've flip to the channel a couple times in the last week and it's always the same movie, I don't need another VOOM look alike channel LOL :p

I kept cable when I went to Satellite 14 months ago because INHD was not available on the birds.

In the 14 months since then, due primarily to the awful cropped transfers, a HUGE bright bug taking up the screen and only around 20 IMAX programs that constantly repeat, I have found myself viewing INHD exactly 3 times.

I'm sure cable liked the competitive advantage that the two channels gave them and wanted to stall as long as they could. The combination of revenue from 25 million satellite subscribers as well as the elimination of an antitrust threat from the FCC may finally push them to make the channels available to dishheads.

hdnet isn't tied to DBS so that has no relevance. Most cable co's do carry HDNet. The problem lies with comcast since I know that's who you're reffering to ;)

BobMurdoch said:
I'm sure cable liked the competitive advantage that the two channels gave them and wanted to stall as long as they could. The combination of revenue from 25 million satellite subscribers as well as the elimination of an antitrust threat from the FCC may finally push them to make the channels available to dishheads.
Thats the problem satellite only wants to pay for HD subs..Indemand wants revenue from DIGITAL subs( by definition is all satellite subs)

GaryPen said:
It might bring the HDNets to cable, as well. Cable wouldn't want to give an advantage to DBS.

I also don't get why Rainbow, which is mostly owned by a cable company, hasn't gotten any Voom Originals on any cable systems yet.
Thats easy cablevision is involved in a long standing feud with Comcast and Timewarner over sports carriage issues in the NYC area

Once more HD channels are launched, the novelty of HDNet and INHD will wear off. They better make a niche for themselves quick because in two years, they won't be worth "extra tier $$$" once they are joined by CNN-HD, FOX-HD, Scriptts-HD, NatGeo-HD, Outdoor2-HD, TCM-HD, and all those other HD channels that will be on the air by then.

Cyclone said:
Once more HD channels are launched, the novelty of HDNet and INHD will wear off. They better make a niche for themselves quick because in two years, they won't be worth "extra tier $$$" once they are joined by CNN-HD, FOX-HD, Scriptts-HD, NatGeo-HD, Outdoor2-HD, TCM-HD, and all those other HD channels that will be on the air by then.

Oh Cyclone this is music to my ears!!:D

Cyclone said:

Yeah, I know if I can get Larry King in HD I won't have any interest in watching a concert or hockey game. :rolleyes:

I kinda know what you're getting at, but by that logic, USA, TNT, ect should have gone off the air years ago.

If anything, the niche channels have gotten more broad over the years. Bravo used to be a premium arts channel- now it has network reruns?

As long as they have decent programming, people will watch. I think INHD will have more trouble, because from what I understand, it's got a lot of programming from other networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)