Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
http://www.skyreport.com/viewskyreport.cfm?ReleaseID=1562#Story3

A Retail Loss for VOOM?

It appears that the VOOM satellite TV service is losing retailers to carry its products.

Richard Greenfield of Fulcrum Global Partners, a fan of Cablevision but a vocal critic of the company's VOOM unit, said in a research note released late last week that Crutchfield has discontinued its sales of VOOM equipment. Crutchfield representatives wouldn't return phone calls asking for comment, but a check of the company's Web site shows that the online retailer doesn't have VOOM systems in stock.

Greenfield also said Sears' online service isn't carrying a lot of VOOM product, though some Sears stores told the analyst that they still sell the service.

VOOM representatives wouldn't comment on the Fulcrum research or whether Crutchfield has dropped sales of the satellite TV service. On a more positive side, however, the VOOM booth at CES was generally well packed, so perhaps other retail deals are in the works.

My only comment on this is:
They should go for Costco, I went there and they have about 30 HD displays there , Plasma, LCD, CRT, etc all showing the same old InHD demo.

Crutchfield isn't exactly a well-known retailer. It would be nice to see Voom sold at high-end AV shops, as well as the places where most people buy their TVs and electronics such as Best Buy and Circuit City. Maybe, if Voom gets bought by E* or D*, we'll see it appearing in a wider variety of stores.

There are a couple of stores in the Indianapolis and Louisville areas that come to mind. One, Ovation, sells very high-end AV equipment and home theater systems. Another, H. H. Gregg, has just added a store-within-a-store called Fine Lines which has a really neat home theater display. This is the perfect place for Voom to be showcased.

The problem with Crutchfield was that they're still advertising the $199 install offer while voom.com was already offering the $1 deal.

LMAO the only time I order from Crutchfield is when I want to pay the most. They are better off with ads on Buy.com, etronics and etc.

Walter L. said:
The problem with Crutchfield was that they're still advertising the $199 install offer while voom.com was already offering the $1 deal.

And that might be one of the reason they dropped them, no sales at $199.00 while Voom themselves are offering better deals, the nice thing about Crutchfield was they had da*n nice Catalogs that explained a bit about the products they carried, more info in the catalog then you would get from a drone at BB or CC.

Bruce,

did you ever see Voom on their catalog? I usullay get their catalog but only will look if there is a product for which I like to see a nice picture. Don't remember if I ever saw Voom on their catalog. Just curious...

Sean Mota said:
Bruce,

did you ever see Voom on their catalog? I usullay get their catalog but only will look if there is a product for which I like to see a nice picture. Don't remember if I ever saw Voom on their catalog. Just curious...

I pretty sure it was and had its own page, I think I still have the lastest one at home mixed in with all my other Home Theater type of magazines, so I'll check t-nite unless someone else does and posts.

I have mine too... But I really never check it unless I am looking for something. Thanks for the thread Bruce.

Yep, page 28 of the winter-05 catalog, they gave Voom half a page under HDTV sources, no price, just a phone number to call Crutchfield.