Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I still havent got any Ku signals but trying to eliminate everything
that may be the problem.
Ive got the CoolSat 6100 hooked up to the Ku LNB and I get something on the level meter in the dish setup function.
Does the red level indicators mean that my LNB is working but just not getting a signal back(nothing on the quality meter)
If the red level means the LNB is working can I eliminate it as a problem?
Do these settings look OK for a co rotor C/Ku no disque switch and slaving off my DSR 920 for dish positioning?
I still got nothing on my scan of T6 for Ku but got 2 for C band on same sat.

DCP_5683.jpg

Your LNB frequency should be 10750. Everything else looks fine. I don't know how the 922 is gonna affect your V/H switching, if you're using a regular co-rotor servo-controlled feedhorn, whatever polarity the 922 is on is what your 6100 will see, and ONLY that polarity.

thanks I reset the LNB freq right after I took pic then did a scan
also flipped the channel on the 920 to change polarity's and did a scan again with the 6100 and still got zip.
Does the red level indicator show that the Ku band LNB is working but not picking up a good channel signal?
The freq I tuned the LNB at is the one that seemed to hit the highest on the level meter
where is the freq posted for that sat or for that matter each of them?
yes Im using a co rotor and separate LNBs
thanks

Does the red level indicator show that the Ku band LNB is working but not picking up a good channel signal?

In a general sense, yes. But you have to match the L.O. of the LNB to what you have.For a standard US Ku LNB for the linear polarized satellites, the L.O. is 10750. the L.O. for the Ku circular birds is 11250. Its possible to have 70 percent signal and 90 percent quality. Happens all the time. Concentrate on quality, not level.
For a frequency use lyngsat.com or there's a list here that you can use. Look in the main FTA section for a sticky thread that says, " I need a strong transponder to aim my dish". Print that page, put it on a clipboard. If you plan on doing anything with your system, you will refer to that list, OFTEN.:)

Here's the link to the thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my-dish.html

Hey Gpat,

Just changing a channel on the 920 doesn't always mean that the polarity has been changed, especially on a digital channel.

If you want to make certain that the polarity has been changed, you need to be in the lower analog channel numbers, and you need to make certain that the viewing preferences change channels by "step" so that it changes polarity with every channel change up or down.

Fred

I know on the 5000 the meter turns green when its locked on the correct signal

On the 6100/7000 (same GUI) it starts red, then yellow, then green when you have the most signal quality, Ice. And FWIW, nowhere near as good as the 5000. ;)

Well I tried manual tuning the CS 6100 while on 93* 11710 V 14320
and 11865 V 3516 and got nothing
Signal quality is 84%
it did popup 12006 V 3249 but it still wouldnt view anything.
Was this something that was preprogrammed into the 6100 before I got it?

Then I tried 123*
11805 H 4580
still got zip
this was with level of 81%

Just trying to figure out what Im doing wrong???

Is it possible that the dish mesh doesnt have enough surface area? holes are smaller than .100 but theres no much in between each hole.

Did you scan the transponder for channels? You have to do a scan to bring in the channels, even if the transponder info is already in there.

See my post under C band
The only thing wrong was a bad feedhorn that previous owner/seller(ebay)
modified the probes to the point Ku wasnt working.
When I replaced the Co Rotor with a new one EVERYTHING fell in place.
I ve got Ku coming out the ears... ;^)

4DTV seems to work fine on Ku but still not doing so well with the Ku side of the CS6100.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)