CS 7000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I keep a straight and a null handy at all times. As anole said great for routers and other equipment I have to program. Thanks for list of cables needed

correction:

Ethernet and serial RS232 cables are both built as straight through and crossover.

However, ethernet is properly called crossover if the send & receive pairs are swapped.
The RS232 serial cable is properly called null modem, when the send and receive pin are interchanged (and some other changes).

So, if anyone is searching for more info, using the proper term will help get you get the answer quicker.

Anole is there more than one file to the firmware? I am getting an unexpected end of file warning and can not unzip it.

Chuck

... no good deed ...

Anole is there more than one file to the firmware?
I am getting an unexpected end of file warning and can not unzip it.
When I downloaded the file, apparently there was a problem, and I didn't notice.
Here's a fresh copy of the nearly 1mb file.

Ice - please delete the 300k file above! - :(

edit: I just tried unzipping the file, and this one seems to work.
the internal file name is: C7 v.1.16.00 FAC 20080925(2).ird

Attachments

• C7000 v.1.16.00 FAC 20080925.zip
    993.7 KB · Views: 134
Anole that worked like a champ. Got it updated to the factory software and now it sees the swith just fine :)

I appreciate it very much.

Chuck

On behalf of everyone here, you're welcome.
That's what we're here for. - ;)

Glad you got 'er going.
Now post some pictures of your dish with signal reports, just to show off! - :up

I will grab some pics in the morning. The signal on 83W (AMC9) for RTV is 79% Q. The second dish is pointed a 119 for ION and NASA so it is not working :(

OTA is great since I am only using a home made antenna and is just strapped to the dish. I will put up a decent OTA antenna when I put up the tower this spring. Looking forward to that so I can pull more channels.

yeah I read the post the other day and have been following it. I will try out the KU LNB's that you pointed out in one of the other threads and will move the dish one I get them.

Kind of a bummer that it is scrambled but oh well other sats to look at also. I might even get excited and put up the other dish laying in the garage when I move the 119 super dish :) Not sure where to but I will find one. probably 97 would be a good choice for a fixed dish since it is my true south sat.

Chuck

Dishes

Here are the two dishes I have up at the moment. More to come as I have time. The super dish will be getting a liner LNB and will be repointed since DN scrambled everything on 119.

Chuck

Attachments

• AMC9 Satellite.jpg
    AMC9 Satellite.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Dishes.jpg
    Dishes.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 92
Actual DishNetwork SuperDishes HAVE a linear LNB on them already.
Sometimes people miss-identify a DN dish as SuperDish, though, so your mileage may vary.

There are other threads describing 'em, but I'll just say that there were two variations (metal reflector, and molded), and two LNB assemblies for EACH.
(so, four combinations)
They were either made for the 105° bird, or 121°w

So the LNB for the 105 sat or the far right one if looking head on at the dish is a liner lnb?

Ok I was wrong the FSS Stacked Linear LNB is the one that is far left when looking at the dish head on. However since it is stacked how wil that play with the 93W dish? Will it run through the switch properly or not.

Satellite AV - Free to Air Satellite Equipment Distributors - GEOSATpro, Glorystar 888-483-4673 looks like it would be alot easier to use if you don't mind spending the money? (Thanks to Anole for pointing out the LNB)

One day I will get this all figured out lol.

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG00047.jpg
    IMG00047.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG00048.jpg
    IMG00048.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG00050.jpg
    IMG00050.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
it will work with the switch regardless if its stacked or unstacked as long as its a multiswitch or a diseqc

Just set it to LNB LO 10750 and it should scan fine

you could use the LNB you linked to. Its not bandstacked so you'll be ok

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts