CS8000 HD help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gonzo88

Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Los Angeles
am having a hard time setting up my cs8000. for some reason i cant get any signal. the last thing i've tried so far was to set up my my motorized dish to 125W on Montana PBS with about a 70% signal strength on my cs6100. i un-hooked everything, went straight from the LNB to the cs8k (skipped motor) input different TP's but i still get nothing.

am i missing something? its good on my cs6100! maybe somebody with the same receiver could help out. thanks in advance.

Recheck your settings on your lnbf, making sure if it is standard, universal, or whatever you're using.
Once all is done, you'll enjoy the CS8000 receiver. I was considering a Azbox Ultra but when I got the S2 signals going, I changed my mind. Wish it would blindscan...

MrFTAman, i got the freq from my 6100 for the Montana PBS. in one of my many scans it actually said PBS but when i went to the channel nothing was there. just said "No Signal" and haven't seen it again.
i've tried;

LNB Freq: Single-10750
Unive-9750/10600
Unive-9750/10750
Frequency Scan: Disable & Enable
Code Rate: Auto & 3/4
Modulation: DVB-SQPSK
Pilot: off
Satellite: 125.0 Galaxy 14
Auto & Manual Scan.

am still pretty much lost :confused:

gonzo
you should try setting 125W with a different TP such as 12180 V 30000 3/4. Sometimes Montana PBS 12104 during the day give a hard time to lock it. Once you get the sat and get the maximum quality ith the 12180 , Montana PBS will come in. Sometimes I tune for it and wait some time and it will come. In order to get it perfectly the antena should be set at the maximum peak, good Luck

Try getting a good signal on your 6100, then running a loop out to the 8000 and scanning. After you've established that you can get a good signal you can set up the 8000 to control the dish.

When I first got my 8000 I did the same thing that you are describing (except I had a Coolsat 5000), and the 8000 motor was enabled with coordinates for the west coast. When I would try to scan a channel, the dish would move slightly and I wouldn't get any signal. I had to enter my coordinates into the 8000 and fine tune the USALS locations to get good signal.

I love the Coolsat 8000. It does everything except blind scan.

Gonzo, if you are trying to get the S2 frequencies, it is hard to bring it in since the dish need to be dead square to the satellite transmitting it. I had that problem last week and had to adjust my dish just a little bit to pull it in.
Are you getting the other channels? If so, the dish need just a little fine tuning. But if you having problems getting any channels, then there is something in your CS 8000 not quite set right, as far as the setting for the LNBF.

thanks for the replies guys. am going to try some of that stuff. i think my LNB isn't that great. the last time i did a scan, i reset the receiver and i actually pulled in Montana PBS with about 99% signal! i went to the channel and i was watching it for about a minute before i lost signal again. i finally gave up re-installed my 6100 and the signal was very choppy. it would go from about 70 to 0% and couldnt get most of the sat's. i turned it off came back like 3hrs later and its been working perfect ever since. also in my last thread i posted that for some reason my Freq dont match whats out there.

i like the idea of looping out of the 6100 to the 8k (lnb out to dish in?) hopefully that works.

am going to get some TP's from the 6100 and try different ones. where else can i get TP's appart from Lyngsat or the List?

i can almost taste watching FTA on HD:p

thanks for the replies guys. am going to try some of that stuff. i think my LNB isn't that great. the last time i did a scan, i reset the receiver and i actually pulled in Montana PBS with about 99% signal! i went to the channel and i was watching it for about a minute before i lost signal again. i finally gave up re-installed my 6100 and the signal was very choppy. it would go from about 70 to 0% and couldnt get most of the sat's. i turned it off came back like 3hrs later and its been working perfect ever since. also in my last thread i posted that for some reason my Freq dont match whats out there.

I'm curious what freq you're using on the 8000 for the Montanna?
Some receivers are not very forgiving relative to being on the wrong freq, while other receivers can tune more than 20 MHz off freq without a problem. The Coolsat 8000/8100 seem to have tighter tuning, and need to be pretty close to the proper freq. Most blind scan receivers on the other hand can usually tune fairly far off freq, and sometimes they come back with frequencies that are incorrect. Also, as you suggest above, a cheap LNB or LNBF can be significantly off freq. I had a Sadoun lnbf that was off by 5 MHz once due to drift in cold temperatures, and that much drift can be the difference between locking or not locking with a tight receiver like the 8000.
My 8100 has a very sensitive tuner, but it has given me problems at times with situations where there are narrow signals close together, such as the 12163, 12169, and 12175 4444 transponders on AMC21 . I think there are some narrow signals near the Montanna transponder too. Anyway, you might make sure that you're on the right frequency, and if you still have problems, you might try varying your freq up or down a MHz in case you have lnb drift.

here are some Numbers am getting on Montana PBS

11116 V 4329 Quality at 82% channel 3441

11966 V 4329 Quality at 80% channel 3449

these are currently on my cs6100 but its what i also input on my cs8k.

your LNB frequency is set wrong
Should be 10750 and it looks like you have it for a Universal (10600)

yeah Iceberg, thats what throws me off. i've been playing with all kinds of different settings on both receivers and so far it looks like thats worked the best. thats why am guessing my LNB is a piece of crap. tomorrow am going to reset everything and start over.

SUCCESS! well sort of. i did a blind scan on 91W on my 6100 and wrote down some Freq that only had voice. looped it out into my 8k and manually input the TP's and did a scan. am currently watching a feed in HD but its very low quality about 30% (highest). may have to play with the dish outside tomorrow but at least i know the receiver is good. :D

thanks a lot for the help so far. i'll try and keep you guys posted as i play with the dish and receivers.

here are some Numbers am getting on Montana PBS

11116 V 4329 Quality at 82% channel 3441

11966 V 4329 Quality at 80% channel 3449

these are currently on my cs6100 but its what i also input on my cs8k.

your LNB frequency is set wrong
Should be 10750 and it looks like you have it for a Universal (10600)

yeah Iceberg, thats what throws me off. i've been playing with all kinds of different settings on both receivers and so far it looks like thats worked the best. thats why am guessing my LNB is a piece of crap. tomorrow am going to reset everything and start over.

SUCCESS! well sort of. i did a blind scan on 91W on my 6100 and wrote down some Freq that only had voice. looped it out into my 8k and manually input the TP's and did a scan. am currently watching a feed in HD but its very low quality about 30% (highest). may have to play with the dish outside tomorrow but at least i know the receiver is good. :D

thanks a lot for the help so far. i'll try and keep you guys posted as i play with the dish and receivers.

I agree with ICE re your LO freq being 10600 instead of 10750, however it is still WAY off.
Ie your 11966 - 10600 + 10750 = 12116 which is what you were really tuning on both your receivers. Problem is, that Montanna is 12104 not 12116. I'm really surprised that the 8000 could tune that far off. Some of my receivers will, but I didn't think the 8000/8100 would, particularly since there is another transponder at 12113, and I'd think that the 8000 would hone in on that signal and never get to 12104. So that really leads me to agree with your suggestion that your LNB is really poor quality, if it's drifted that much. It's possible that your other receiver would report a freq that far off, but I wouldn't expect the 8000 to be able to tune it that far off. If you happen to find that all your freqs are off by 12 (once you take the 10750-10600 into account), you might just tell the receiver that you're LNB has a 10738 LO. That would allow you to tune freqs given their real frequency, then when you get a good LNB, you won't have to rescan everything.

i did a reset and did a blind scan on 97W set up to single on 10750 didn't get as many channels and Tele Anacaona is coming in as "11945 V 22000"

So whats a good FTA LNB you guys recomend? i think am going to start shopping around:p

i did a reset and did a blind scan on 97W set up to single on 10750 didn't get as many channels and Tele Anacaona is coming in as "11945 V 22000"

So whats a good FTA LNB you guys recomend? i think am going to start shopping around:p

I've been using a DMX522 for over a year now with no problems. Dual output fed to a 4x8 multiswitch for multiple receivers. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)