CSN NE HD on Dish Network? All Celtics Games?

nbaj2k

Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I currently have Comcast and am moving to a new apartment across town. The complex allows you to get satellite tv so I was looking into the Dish Network.

My main goal is to be able to watch all Celtics games in HD. I know Comcast Sportsnet New England HD was added to my cable lineup here in Vernon, CT sometime in February. I had heard that it was also added to the Dish Network as well, but from what I understand, Celtics games were never aired on that channel?

I know some providers only aired home games in HD and did not air away games. I'm trying to find out for sure that Dish Network will air both for this upcoming season. I guess the only way to know for sure is to wait until the season starts, although we are trying to get everything setup when we move first week of August.

Bottom line, just wondered if anyone had any info currently that would help, or if anyone was able to watch any Celts games in HD on that channel last season.

According to this list, Dish Network isn't even listed yet. I tried to call Dish Network to see if they knew, but they do not. I also tried to email Comcast to find out if they would be airing home and away games in HD on the Dish Network and I also didn't hear back.

On a total side note, should I be able to tell any quality difference from Comcast to Dish Network with HD channels?

And yes if you hadn't figured it out, I'm a die hard Celts fan, always have been :)

Thanks!

~J

welcome to the board!

CSN NE was made available to Dish customers when the playoffs were about over so no games were ever aired, guess you'll have to wait until at least preseason to see which games they'll carry

Based on NESN HD, they'll miss a game here and there (2 or 3 so far, I think?)

E* only shows games in HD (no 24/7 HD RSNs) and they do miss a few here and there. My friend has cable (Comcast) and about mid way last season CSN NE starting broadcasting home and away games in HD. So all Celtic's game will be in HD next year. Will E* broadcast all the games? My guess will be that they will miss a few.

If your main goal it watch every game in HD then your best bet is cable. If you do mot mind missing a few games (again, I am just guessing) E* does have a lot more HD then my local cable.

Go Cs!!

All Comcake SportsNets (except Philly, whose story dates back to September 1976!) are on Dish.

Philly is all-microwave (old PRISM infrastructure still lives 32 years later!) and has no satellite capabilities. Philly FiOS has it, though.

E* only shows games in HD (no 24/7 HD RSNs) and they do miss a few here and there. My friend has cable (Comcast) and about mid way last season CSN NE starting broadcasting home and away games in HD. So all Celtic's game will be in HD next year. Will E* broadcast all the games? My guess will be that they will miss a few.

If your main goal it watch every game in HD then your best bet is cable. If you do mot mind missing a few games (again, I am just guessing) E* does have a lot more HD then my local cable.

Go Cs!!

Are Celtics games ever completely blacked out on Dish? I may be able to deal with not having a game in HD once in awhile, but if Dish blacks out certain games, thats not going to work with me.

I currently live in Vernon and am still contemplating between staying with Comcast or going with Dish. I have the Triple Play with Comcast, but won't need the phone, only needing TV and Internet. I do know if I end up switching to Dish I'll be forced to pay for the phone in order to have DSL, which may make me stay anyway.

~J

I'd stick to Comcast HD for the local HD sports teams they have 24/7 HD feeds. Or signup for FIOS if you have it in your town.

I wish we had FIOS. AT&T Uverse is coming soon but it doesn't compare. Because Uverse is coming, FIOS has no shot of coming here in CT which is really unfortunate :(

~J

Are Celtics games ever completely blacked out on Dish? I may be able to deal with not having a game in HD once in awhile, but if Dish blacks out certain games, thats not going to work with me.

I seem to remember being able to watch the Celtics on FSN NE on wed/fri nights even when ESPN were doing games

a lot of time has gone by since I posted this previously.

For those that have Dish Network, are all Celtics games this season finally available in HD? Both Home and away? I'm hoping to switch to it but only want to leave Comcast if that would be the case.

If anyone out there has this information I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you very much,

~J

I just don't get the reason for that. If the channel airs all the games, why would only home be shown in HD, and all in regular definition? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

celtics HD

I don't get it either. I also got "blacked out" from two Celtics games last week. I should get them based on my address. One of them was on TNT and CSNNE was "not availabe for viewing in your region" and the other was not nationally broadcast.

I only casually follow the Celtics, so I can't say for sure if I've had any of the games this season, but I know I've got all the Bruins (other rules, I know, but should be pretty close).

Any ideas why that is happening?

Thanks

Did not make sense to me either. Nothing like the Celts in HD. I don't have that problem any longer however, I found a service that has the Celts and Red Sox in HD all the time.

I think is due to a cheaper contract. I read somewhere that was the cause for another RSN. Home games only is cheaper then all the games.

Just my guess.

Is there any update on this? I posted this quite a long time ago. I don't believe all Celtics games are carried on CSN-NE-HD on the Dish Network. Is this still the same on all other providers besides Comcast and Cox?

Thanks,

~J

I would say most every pro game is now in HD from NESN or CSN where Boston teams are concerned. Even tonight's spring training game is showing on the HD channel guide of NESN. I'm not saying always, but am saying by far most often.

I would say most every pro game is now in HD from NESN or CSN where Boston teams are concerned. Even tonight's spring training game is showing on the HD channel guide of NESN. I'm not saying always, but am saying by far most often.

I wish that was true. My Dad has Dish Network and he says all home games and only some road games are in HD. there are many times when the game is listed as being in HD on the guide but it is not actually aired. He struggles with this when he tries to tape games thinking they are on, and when he sits down to watch there is nothing aired. To have an HD TV and be forced to watch games in SD because of this is a crime.

I didn't know if other carriers are the same way. I think its pathetic. When you call Dish Network, they say its an NBA blackout thing, but when you say the game is listed on the guide and is being aired on the Standard Definition channel, they don't know what to say.

I've tried to contact Comcast to ask why it is like that but I am only able to use the contact page on their site and have never heard back.

~J

I would look to see if the home team is broadcasting in HD....they may not be?

I would look to see if the home team is broadcasting in HD....they may not be?

I have CSN NE-HD on my Comcast cable service and get every game in HD. So there is a feed for it. He wouldn't be able to get the away team games in HD unless he purchased NBA league pass which would be ridiculous.

~J

E* still picks what games to show in HD. Just before the all star break this year E* finally starting broadcasting Celtics away games in HD.

It is still not 100% if you can get all the Celtics games in HD, but it is a lot better getting the away games now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)