CSN Philadelphia On Satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I was Directv, which I think still owns Root Sports (at least Liberty does) I would price all the Root RSNs off Comcast systems and let them have a taste of their own medicane.

That would never withstand a legal challenge. They'd have to price everyone else out of the market as well in order to do it.

That would never withstand a legal challenge. They'd have to price everyone else out of the market as well in order to do it.

But the FCC would still probably do nothing even if it did get shot down in court.

Direct TV obviously does have a business relationship with Comcast to some degree and would simply never take that tact.. At least I'm assuming they wouldn't. I would love to see it happen personally.

For all the "If DirecTV does this " or "If Comcast would just do this" comments, and "The FCC still probably do nothing" sentiments, this goes back to what I suggested in my first post... we, the customers, the people, the constituents of the FCC, investigate class action lawsuit over these million dollar, or billion dollar giants who somehow cant agree on a sports network for people who want it! I'm just simply looking for fair trade. Not freebies or handouts or demanding I get something that is extraordinary. It evades me, that we the consumers and constituents of the Government agencies are so complacent that what has gone on is acceptable. I'm NOT ok with Comcast being more represented than I am with the FCC, and neither should anyone else. Unfortunately, thats the way it is, because we are complacent... and no one cares $5/month worth to care about this, so we continue business as usual, politics as usual. Big money, big influence. I can see how easily disheartening it can be.

On a side note, my iPad and iPhone and iMac can mirror my screens to the Apple TV, and there are sites out there that stream these games. So who loses in this situation? Me or Comcast? Again, if Comcast or DirecTV is listening, I'd pay $5-$10/month extra to have this channel with my satellite provider, or really whoever I CHOSE for my service. For the love of all things holy, Comcast please realize its not a lose-lose situation by letting other providers have the channel; and DirecTV, don't play victim here either, you raise the price of my programming every couple of days to cover rising costs anyway, and I know you have channels available now to people who want to pay extra for them. Come on now.

I honestly have read this a few times and have no idea what you are saying. A violation of what for Comcast to ask for pricing that is out of line with the industry?

As far as "why bring up Sunday Ticket", ask Comcast, they are the ones that brought it up. Although it's good to know that you know what the NFL does and doesn't want. I imagine when contract negotiation time comes for Sunday Ticket that the service goes where the biggest money is. And if NFL can sell it to DirecTV, Dish and Comcast and anyone else at the market rate of a 100 million dollars or whatever it really is, that no one, who can afford it, is going to turn it down. Yeah DirecTV will say, we wont pay that rate unless we are exclusive. But I bet they still do pay the amount. If not, they'll offer more to stay exclusive. In any case, the point is, COMCAST said they'd negotiate the regional sports network distribution over the Sunday Ticket, not me or the love of all things.

It would be a violation for Comcast to ask for pricing that is out of line with the industry, but satellite distribution is far different than terrestrial. For starters satellite is national and therefore the pricing and what tiers it would be in would have to be decided. It is clear that Comcast and DTV have agreed to disagree on this and have no interest in cutting a deal. No different than Dish and MSG or Dish and SNY. All of the legal reasons that Comcast had to withhold the channel are gone. The fact that DTV has made no complaints to the FCC on this should tell you that they know whatever Comcast is asking for now is perfectly legal and they have decided it would not be in their best interests to make that deal.

And for the love all things, why bring up Sunday Ticket? The NFL has no interest in cable distribution or non-exclusive arrangements. Too wide a distribution would make the network affiliates very unhappy.

I don't have FIOS in my area. I do actually have Comcast for internet and its complimentary basic cable. So I pay Comcast $29/month for internet, and DirecTV $99/month for television. I don't just accept the fact that just because Comcast has internet and DirecTV doesnt that I have to go with Comcast.

I think that some here tend to get all bent out of shape about Comcast when the reality is that most in the region aren't that disgusted by it. Those that are end up switching to Fios if at all possible. Last time I looked Direct TV still isn't offering a quality Internet solution for a bundle. That trumps all in the heart of the average consumer.

I don't have FIOS in my area. I do actually have Comcast for internet and its complimentary basic cable. So I pay Comcast $29/month for internet, and DirecTV $99/month for television. I don't just accept the fact that just because Comcast has internet and DirecTV doesnt that I have to go with Comcast.

Ok, but if Fios was available would that change your feelings toward DirecTV? Would you think about making the switch if that were the case? The price would be considerably cheaper if Fios provided all three services compared to the A La Carte model your currently use.

Not sure to be honest, having never been to anyones house with FIOS as its not in our area. I know friends in Pittsburgh and Greater Philly who have it. All I know is I've had Comcast, Dish and DirecTV and Direct has been the best picture, best equipment, best software and best customer service I've had the experience. Maybe some of the latter is more circumstantial for each person, but FIOS picture would have to impress me to move.

I wrote your above and obviously meant you're. Damn, I hate that mistake. Why then do I ways make it?

Fios picture is indeed slightly better. Slight is the key word though. D* UI and overall tech provide a much better product though. No question in my mind though other opinions will differ.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)