CSR here to help

as far as local markets go as soon as they are given to us in hd we will give them to the customer that way, if you know your locals are in HD, try calling your local affiliate and ask them why they wont give them to us that way

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a transponder out of my ass!"

"Again? That trick never works!"

Exactly. Zero327 will find out who you are and turn you in.

If that was a goal I suppose, but I hardly need someone to tell me who they are to find that out. Every major company tracks its internet use. *shrug*

Friendly advice is fine, internal documents as a general rule for ANY company is not. One causes problems, the other doesn't. Speculating on channel lineups... well that's just going to cause more aggrivation for CSRs in the long run when customers call in about it not showing up; not for me so go for it!

I would hope no dish employee would post from work with un-announced info. If he's smart, he'll do it from home. Even so, it's only a matter of time if they REALLY want to know who it is.

If that was a goal I suppose, but I hardly need someone to tell me who they are to find that out. Every major company tracks its internet use. *shrug*

They track your internet usage at home? Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Friendly advice is fine, internal documents as a general rule for ANY company is not. One causes problems, the other doesn't. Speculating on channel lineups... well that's just going to cause more aggrivation for CSRs in the long run when customers call in about it not showing up; not for me so go for it!

Whatever.

on my vip622, i want to have a UHF remote in both living room and bedroom. current setup has IR only remote in living room. i want to move the 622 box so that its out of sight.

i bought a ir/uhf remote from someone here, 6.0 remote.

can you point me in the right direction on how to program this remote as the 'new' Remote #1?

i can't find this task anywhere in the owner's manual.

it is simple you need UHF Pyramid to make it work 722/622 doesn't have UHF option for TV 1. unles you are in single mode

dual tuners have the option for uhf on tv remote but you have to have a uhf remote for that receiver, as for the process I dont have the notes for it anymore but I did it a few times with a second number two remote on the dual dvr's.

625, 522, and 322 you can convert TV 1 to UHF. by going menu 6-1-8. 722, 622 doesn't have that option. i have 622 i just checked it is not there. my 522 does. the only one way it works when you go to single mode then you can have TV as UHF. thats how i have it now. before i did that i had UHF pyramid

it is simple you need UHF Pyramid to make it work 722/622 doesn't have UHF option for TV 1. unles you are in single mode

i am mostly in Single mode 99% of the time, so i'd like to try to make this 6.0 remote work.

getting a 6.3 remote would make it work in any mode? (uhf on both Tv1 and tv2)?

Nice intelligent response.

Oh, and you put it in pretty blue letters too. Listen, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you tried to turn him in. Unless I've been reading you wrong, you seem to have your head so far up corp's hind end, that I'm surprised you can breathe. You've been very open about your contempt for customers in general, and your dislike of technicians. Every time corp makes some boneheaded decision, you're right there to tell us why they're right and we're wrong. You also seem to take a perverse pleasure in trying to get your fellow employees in trouble. Now, I could be wrong, and if I am, I apologize, but that's how you come across. That's all.

622/722/942 don't have the option for TV1 UHF PRO remote setup like the 522/625 because they require the 6.2/6.3 remote with the "UHF PRO #1 GREEN" key installed.

Oh, and you put it in pretty blue letters too. Listen, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you tried to turn him in. Unless I've been reading you wrong, you seem to have your head so far up corp's hind end, that I'm surprised you can breathe. You've been very open about your contempt for customers in general, and your dislike of technicians. Every time corp makes some boneheaded decision, you're right there to tell us why they're right and we're wrong. You also seem to take a perverse pleasure in trying to get your fellow employees in trouble. Now, I could be wrong, and if I am, I apologize, but that's how you come across. That's all.

*shrug* Fair, but you're wrong... I do have a preference for technicians... Generally speaking, they tend to work harder for the customers than CSRs (it's easy to ignore a phone call, not so easy when they're in your face.) At the same time, I don't care for a myriad of policies in place either. Some can be changed, most can't due to who ultimately makes them.

As far as contempt for consumers, yeah, I can admit to that concerning the vast majority. I tend to take a business point of view in that I don't believe in the mythic "free lunch" and that seems to be what most consumers are interested in. Those who sign up for a service, and expect the service to work, I have no issues with. It's those who sign up for a service, expect a free tune-up for their car, a year free premiums, and in general who take advantage or abuse in the process of getting what they want for free that I take issue with. These are your typical "Not getting something for free? Call and threaten to quit!" customers.

What you think about policies notwithstanding, some of them as anti-consumer as you might view it make good business sense (yes, even when taking into account churn, which is the last thing people making that argument want to hear.) As far as employees in trouble, that's not really my concern. My concerns are the same as should be for most retailers; CSRs putting more information out there that is inaccurate or flat out false, making my job more difficult in the process. Correct information, and public information I'm fine with. Beyond that, CSRs aren't informed, they aren't involved in the decision making, and so when they start talking about policy and business agendas almost always my job gets that much more difficult.

In general I believe the businesses should sell a product, the consumers should buy it, the technicians install it, and the CSRs pick up the phone when something goes wrong with it. Why change a working formula?

To get the 622/722 pull up sytem info have a #1 green uhf tab in the remote generally 6.2/6.3.(You can purchase the remote from DISH for 19.99 + 4.95 shipping) While in system info push record, your TV1 IR should change to TV1 IR/UHF. Its that easy!

ZERO I know my job and I know it well and thats all i wish to talk about on this site. What I do well I do not understand why you seem so spiteful and act like your on some pedestal I am here to help if you feel I am misinforming then correct me. I assure you it wont happen though.

Ok. Let me ask any csr and Zero 327 you can chime here if you want. Is Dish in the middle of reclaiming bandwidth before the launch of the next satellite?? If they are are they going to launch more national hd or are they working to launch more local hd. As we have seen in several of the latest uplink reports. Things seem to be pointing in that direction about launching more local hd. I am just curious of national hd. Hey. It doesn't hurt to ask.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts