CSR Roulette/ Hartford, CT HD Locals, When???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
1st CSR, Sorry sir I can't give you that information. "You mean, you have information and won't give it to me"? CSR, I just can't give it to you. " Let me talk to the next tier of support, "what do you mean?" I said forget it and hung up.( i think the word tier, really threw her)

2nd CSR, According what information i have, it looks like fall 2006 for your area. I said, whatever happened to the june 2006 date. "I just don't know." but i'm sorry if you were originally told april, and now it's in the fall.

3rd CSR, ( i was transferred to installation support by csr #2 to see if they had a better idea) Were you transferred to this dept.? "yes" why? "to see if you had a better idea as to when hartford, ct would be getting hd locals. Whomever transfered you, has the same info i do. Did they tell you June 28th 2006, " no, they said fall 2006, why would they tell you that?, I don't know.(notice the abbott and costello similarities) well, i show june 28th for your area, have i answered all your questions today, "Yes, but you made my head spin in the process, have a great day. there was quite a bit more going back and fourth, but, i just wanted to give a sense of what was happening. :D

Last edited:
Check in the huge sticky threads "DirecTV Next 24 markets for HD" or "DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals" or "HD locals added on 4/19/06" there are current "soon to be added lists" in these posts. AND sure enough, CSRs are not privy to the latest rumors or possible additions UNLESS it has been added to their script; and 99 times out of 100, its not pre-released info.

So, should I reactivate one of my old HD receivers now, so that when they come out, I get a free upgrade? My OTA reception is not reliable. In reality, this really doesn't help me, because unless it is a DVR, I don't really want it anyway.

If they do give me an H20, it will be leased right? So if I want to disconnect it for a while, I would then need to give it back to them, whereas now, if I have a special event such as a big football weekend, I might activate one of my old receivers for a short time.

Too confusing, I'll just leave everything alone until they come out with their new HD DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts