CSRs misinformation, why do we keep believing it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I am not saying that all VOOM CSRs are leaking bad information but there are some who are completely just not doing a favor to VOOM or Voom's customers by giving incorrect information.

I can recall three:

1 - FCC would not allow customers to receive local channels out of their DMA.
2 - A bad Software/Firmware download happened yesterday and this is why you are having problems. (Instead of saying a corrupted PG was downloaded).
3- All current boxes will not work with new software. Only 2nd generation boxes will work. This is why we are putting the new software with the new boxes.

All the above has been communicated to more than one person. This type of misleading information is not helpful at all. First, all of it is wrong. Someone in charge at those Call Centers should take note and please STOP leaking wrong information.

Take for example last nights problem with the PG; I don't work for VOOM and VOOM is not my 9-5 job but I got home and I was able to see what the problem was. You would think that a CSR supervisor or CSRs would do a little bit of their homework before leaking incorrect information. It will be better to say, "we have identify the problem and we are working on" or just say, "I don't know what is happening".

Sean, you are preaching to the choir here. I believe with what pull you have with some of the Voom people you might get this point across. Lets face it, this is certainly not unique to Voom.

bbqman said:
Sean, you are preaching to the choir here. I believe with what pull you have with some of the Voom people you might get this point across. Lets face it, this is certainly not unique to Voom.

But it does make for interesting Internet fodder!

bbqman said:

Oh, I have.... Believe me. But it looks like a new one comes out. The FCC thing I sent to VOOM and looked like it was stopped but now others come out. I also want to let people know that when you hear something like this or similar to this, not to take it as FACT.

I just got off the phone with voom about other issue and I ask them if they new how many sub's they had now and she said they were told they now have 25000 as of last week . This one might be true, lol

LOBO2999 said:
I just got off the phone with voom about other issue and I ask them if they new how many sub's they had now and she said they were told they now have 25000 as of last week . This one might be true, lol

They better hope they are wrong on that number.

They better hope they are wrong on that number.
Why? If 25,000 people pay $100 a month (I know many people are on the smaller plan), then that's 2.5 million a month. Not too bad for a company that hasn't even been around a year. I know there are a lot of costs, but things will get better (if they up their picture quality that is :D Yes, it's all about the PQ :D).

What ever happened to the day that people were held accountable for what they say? These CSR's already know that they can tell you whatever they want without getting in trouble for it. They don't even have to give you their last name.

ChetK said:
What ever happened to the day that people were held accountable for what they say? These CSR's already know that they can tell you whatever they want without getting in trouble for it. They don't even have to give you their last name.

I don't think they're coming up with this stuff by themselves. This is what they've been told to say. So how can they get into trouble for following the script?

barth2k said:
I don't think they're coming up with this stuff by themselves. This is what they've been told to say. So how can they get into trouble for following the script?

Most of the times a CSR has elaborated off the record to me, it is exactly that. Off the record. The CSR's maintain a stand of minimal information from management and anything they pass on to you off the record is simply water cooler talk and nothing else. They have no way to prove or disprove what they tell you once they deviate from the printed information sheet they are told to stick to.

I am still a Dish Network customer along with Voom. I really like Dish's business model. Dish never held back information from the consumer and allowed a rumor to go more than 30 days before setting everyone straight with the monthly Charlie Chat show with Charlie Ergan. To me this shows how earnest Dish's commitment to customer satisfaction really is. For a major company to put their CEO and Executive Vice President in front of their customers in an open forum takes major balls.

Voom, you really need to take a lesson from Dish. If you can not beat the competition with being different, then you better mimic the competition's business model and try to do a better job with it.

As it stands, misinformation is Voom's Achilles heal and ultimately will lead to Voom's demise.

Indy,

Charlie Chats are a waste of time, IMHO. Nothing new is revealed. I used to view them every month and maybe in two months period in one chat something good came out. Everything else was purely nonsense. A one hour show that has 5 minutes worth of information. Moreover, I could not tolerate Charlie when he came out and said, "Dish Network is not adding more HD channels because there is no compelling channel with HD content". That was worse than the information that a CSR was providing. This is from a CEO stating that there is no compelling HD and yet he goes and adds TNT-HD which in reality has no compelling HD content. How about that?

Even Dragonlady_Mom admitted the CSRs are told practically nothing, and are often informed by the customers about new features.

ChetK said:
Why? If 25,000 people pay $100 a month (I know many people are on the smaller plan), then that's 2.5 million a month. Not too bad for a company that hasn't even been around a year. I know there are a lot of costs, but things will get better (if they up their picture quality that is :D Yes, it's all about the PQ :D).

Because they are eating money like mad with not enough coming in,how much does the free installs cost,units,programing,employees,etc-the initial money put into Voom from cablevision was I believe around $400 Million and they have said by early next year they will need 1.1 billion more to keep going.

I hope you are kiding by the way.

I have to agree with bruce on this one 25,000 subs would be dissapointing and would not make it. They need 50,000 to 100,000 to stay afloat.

An Idea...

Why don't we start a thread with the most ridiculous CSR quote of the day? Kinda "Throw the sknunk on the table" style...It wouldn't have to be VOOM specific, it could be any CSR. We could even vote on them! :D

I had a CSR tell me that my reciever needed to be "balanced" on their network yesterday and that is why I was having problems changing channels.

Derp!

Let's start a punishment for anyone that "breaks" news from a CSR since it's wrong like 95% of the time. Banned from posting for a week. Or even better, banned from posting until that CSRs info comes true! :yes

I don't have a problem with CSRs (harmless personages), but I have a major problem when VOOM E-mail Support and VOOM Customer Support pass bum scoop via carefully scripted correspondence. These folks are supposed to know what they are doing and generally pass carefully drafted text under direct management supervision. They are the experts in all matters pertaining to VOOM Customer Satisfaction.

The firmware debacle is a Perfect Example. I have no less than a dozen e-mails from multiple support technicians telling me the firmware push started 9 or 10 July and would be completed in two weeks. :confused: They certainly didn't concoct this story on their own.

I don't know what we would do without this forum! :love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)