cuba tv for academic research

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunnygirl

Original poster
Sep 10, 2004
Hi,
Please forgive my total technological ignorance. I am working on my Master's Thesis and need access to Cuban television. I had almost given up when a salesperson from Cubavision emailed me and said that I could access that channel if I had an FTA receiver. I didn't know what that even meant, but I looked it up and eventually found this website. I need to know, what would be the cheapest way for me to get Cuban tv from the satellite they use? I don't need access to other channels, and I only need temporary access to the Cuban one (for about a month).
Thank you for any help that anyone can give. Please keep in mind that I don't possess the technical vocabulary to talk about satellites at anything but a VERY basic level :)
Jenny

Hello, a basic DVB Free to Air system will pick up the Pas 9 (58w) satellite where the "Cubavision International" TV channel is. (IF YOU HAVE A LINE OF SIGHT TO THE SATELLITE) The trick is to use a " Universal " LNBF for this channel, its a good idea to also buy a standard LNBF at the same time as they come in handy for pointing the dish if you or your installer use a signal meter. We have a FTA ? MPEG2 area here at Satelliteguys.us feel free to pop by as there is always someone there to help you set up your system, feel free to ask any more questions you have! Good luck.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)