Curious...Need Help.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Viracocha711

Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
Hello,
I am a paying Direct TV customer, so I am not looking to try and steal anything...What I do want is more freedom with what I have paid good money for! Having said that I would like to know if it is possible to convert a PC into a HD PVR using Direct TV? If so, could someone point me to the correct hardware. Thanks!

No one makes a card for a PC that has a DirecTV tuner built in yet, so your out of luck for now. You can only use your PC as a DVD recorder with a video input card for now.

Yes, I am fully aware that there is no such Direct TV tuner card...I am just curious if I can some how record programming/video clips/etc from Direct TV Sat to my PC? Is this possible? Or is this only possible with cable?

I will go into the High Definition question if needed.

Thanks!

This is possible.

I have an old samsung receiver in my basement plugged into a media center edition PC. I use it as a backup DVR. It also has a wireless connection so I can open the files over a wireless network and watch them on my regular pc using media player.

Or is this only possible with cable?
Until they come out with a DIRECTV tuner for computers, the answer is a question of whether or not you can afford a component capture card and a HD receiver.

I have serious doubts that there will ever be an economically priced computer attachment when compared with the utility of a standalone DVR.

I think what the OP is asking is if he can dump saved recordings from the DVR to his PC's HDD. Should be able to, need some kind of video capture card in your PC to do it though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)