Current customers HD upgrades??

frakese

Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
Are there going to be any deals for current (out of contract) customers to upgrade to a HD receiver? I have a 50" Grand Wega that is screaming for some HD, but I don't see the point in paying $400 for a receiver when they give them away to new customers. Any suggestions?

I only have 1 receiver hooked up (have cable running to the rest of the place for little to nothing) so I would prefer not to do the lease thing. I may just cancel, since the customer service dept has been giving me the run around for 3 months now.

There is a lease deal for the 811.

This is from ceo@echostar.com

Lease option

a. Upfront cost of $50 with $5 rental fee (takes place of additional outlet fee of $4.99)

b. Must return receiver when canceling account

This is one thing about DISH that I never liked. They always treated existing customers like crap compared to new customers.

Have you talked to E* customer service to see if you qualify for any of the discounts on an 811? $150 to $200 is a fair price for something with a market value of $400.

yep

the last time I called, they told me I didn't qualify for anything other than paying 400 for one.

I thought DISH had the leasing program even for current customers no matter how long you've been with them?

frakese said:
the last time I called, they told me I didn't qualify for anything other than paying 400 for one.
Keep calling back. Different CSRs have different answers for some reason.

I've seen dish have a bunch of different offers this year for the 811. Everything from $200, $150, $99 for a 811 to existing customers. A $5/mo lease plan and all kinds of stuff. So call back again and if you don't like the answer you get, try another call.

ebay

frakese, the best thing to do it find one on eBay... i bought dish network 811 hdtv receiver for $250 including shipping... the prices have been dropping like crazy....

just look for sellers who have great feedback, and provide pictures/

~rpabla

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)